*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1941320-Importance-of-Education
by Raksha
Rated: E · Article · Philosophy · #1941320
Its all about what is the importance of education
Importance of education during social transformation

Education plays an important role in the progress of individuals mind & country. Ignorance and poverty are major speed breakers in the developing country & can be overcome easily through education. You can’t called yourself educated if you read, write & get full marks in the examination but a person who is educated has a aura around him of dignity & wisdom. An educated person builds his own philosophy.

If you are educated you can’t have wrong philosophy. Education is everything. People are made aware of what is going on in the outside world and can understand these issues and take necessary measures.

Do you think any country will look back if the people are fully educated? The importance on education is quite clear. Education is the knowledge of putting one’s potential’s to maximum use. One can safely say that a human being is not in the proper sense till he is educated.

This importance of education is basically for two reasons. The first is that the training of a human mind is not complete without education. Education makes man a right thinker. It tells man how to think & how to make decision.

The second reason for the importance of education is that man is enabled to receive information from the external world to acquaint him with past history & receive all necessary information regarding the present. Without education man is an enough in a closed room & with education he finds himself in a room with all its windows open towards outside world.

We will focus bit more by taking one example a place of woman in Indian society. In older days status woman is not considered appreciably. It is difficult to present a status of woman which could cover all categories of woman in India, Within the Indian subcontinent there have been infinite variation of status of woman differing according to the culture, family structure, caste, class property rights etc. She expected to be docile, shy & many more dos & don’ts with which I am sure you are familiar.

We must have many times come across people saying that in India a woman is the goddess shakti. Each god is worshipped along with consort shiva with parvati , Ram with sita & Vishnu with laxmi. She has to be respected worshipped. We also heard about the intimate relation between mother & son. Indian man is supposed to be ruled by the mother. she propels him to action. Along with the myth of invisible power possessed by woman there is another myth which considers woman weak & home bounded creature. If we look at various proverbs & legends the myth of goddess shakti is exploded. The myth is created that it is the man who is the more important determinant. 



But what is the reality now days?

Scenario is slightly different as a part of educated society woman constitute important role. She has put step ahead by educating herself for positive changes. Education has played important role now she is able to develop her own philosophy and put thought among the people. She has built her identity. This change comes across society through awareness of higher education. Now every man & woman plays equal & important role in development of society & country. Education brings broadways of thinking & awareness among the society.   

© Copyright 2013 Raksha (raxa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1941320-Importance-of-Education