*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1944535-Dazzling-Duo-Conquers-all--Snow-in-June
Rated: E · Other · Children's · #1944535
Journey of two sisters on an island in June, who seem to find snow flying in the sky.
As Brooklyn ran to the tent, she stopped in her tracks. Could it be? She looked up, her sparkling sand castle shape neckless glittering in the hot June sun, snow in June? As she stared watching the little white fluff fall from the sky, with a look of innocence and amazement she yelled, "When it snows, Santa will come?" After a few minutes, the star-struck little girl moved through the island looking for other traces that Santa surely was coming in June.

Brooklyn followed the white fluff until her sister MJ appeared from the other side of the large Mississippi island. MJ was smiling from ear to ear and coved from head to toe in fluff. "Brooklyn, Brooklyn, did you see the first signs of Santa?" MJ shouted, "I did, but where could he be hiding in all of this sand?"

As the girls walked around the island, a look of shock became onto their faces. In front of them, a red path full of Christmas Trees decorated with colorful lights were lined up, leading to an unknown secret place. The girls tiptoed down the path, their tiny toes left little prints in the red cloth from the sand underneath. White fluff continued to fall delicately from the sky. Brooklyn took MJ's dainty hand while they quietly made their way down the path. Brooklyn said with assurance, "I think Santa is here, I can hear the bells ringing." Just then MJ saw him sitting in his sleigh filled with toys. Santa called out, "HO, HO, HO." He said, "Only you can see the things you believe in." Always believe in the miracle of Christmas and the spirit of Santa. With that, Santa gave them a new token, matching necklaces that looked just like the fluff falling from the sky.

With endurance of a reindeer, the girls ran back to their family. They found their grandpa high up on his boat using a cloth to wipe off the fluff that fell onto the canvas, Brooklyn yelled, "Grandpa, don't wipe the snow off, it will melt and then when it comes again we will find Santa." Grandpa shook his head with laughter, you girls have such an imagination, "it's June and we are on a boat on the Mississippi River." The girls smiled at each other, knowing they were the luckiest girls on the beach that day.
© Copyright 2013 Summer Writing (sisterduo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1944535-Dazzling-Duo-Conquers-all--Snow-in-June