*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/194563-A-Friend-Like-No-Other
Rated: ASR · Non-fiction · Personal · #194563
Every person should have a friend such as this.
I must admit, there were times when I didn't think I liked her all that much, but I've always loved her.

This beautiful, strong, imaginative, clever woman has had more than her share of sorrows, but has always found a way to give more of herself than what she has ever taken.

She is there for me whenever I need her, offering her shoulder or her smile. She understands me unlike anyone else on this Earth, often even more than I understand myself.

She knows, just by hearing my voice on the phone, or by the words in my letters, how I am feeling at that moment. Sometimes I don't have to say anything. Neither of us do. We just sit and enjoy each others' company.

She appreciates me, misses me, thinks of me constantly and never thinks I am a bad person; even when I am. Her love is truly unconditional and I am thankful I realize that now, while she is still here, not waiting to find out when she is taken from me.

A friend like no other; my mother.
© Copyright 2001 *~* Judie *~* (judie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/194563-A-Friend-Like-No-Other