*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1945942-An-Unusual-Day
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1945942
Andy's unusual day :)
When I woke up in the morning the world was upside down. I found this quite strange, considering it usually isn't.

It didn't bother me greatly, however, because strange things are always happening to me. Probably because I'm a twenty year old male with brown eyes and a moustache.

I will admit, however, that it wasn't long before I started getting freaked out. I contemplated calling in sick to work, but I decided against it for two reasons: 1. Because I'd called in sick for the past three days already, and 2. Because my boss' name is David, and you know how David's can be when it comes to missing work...

So I took a deep breath, reminded myself of how supremely brave and heroic I was, and walked out into the kitchen. Pride radiated from my skin.

Stacey, my housemate, was making herself breakfast when I entered the room. I waited for her to say something, but she seemed to be both ignoring the altered angle of the universe as well as my presence. But then again, she never notices me, unless I'm having a party or haven't paid my share of the rent. She didn't even say anything when I grew my moustache.

It was weird driving to work, as we were all driving where the sky usually was. I half expected cars to just drop off, although unfortunately none did. I say unfortunately because it would have been amusing if they had... and yes, by amusing I mean severely traumatising.

I worked in an office, which is pretty much just a euphemism for the most monotonous, boring place on planet earth (not to be negative or anything).

I was optimistic, however, that today would be at least minutely exciting...

It wasn't.

This was far more frustrating than the fact that the world was upside down!

I was so annoyed that after work, I decided to meet with my friends Wisdom and Logic. I would've invited Reason as long as well, but he was on a well-earned holiday.

"Andy", greeted Logic, "it's been awhile. How are you going?"

I sighed. "Not so good", I admitted. I told them about how the world was upside down, and how nobody even cared.

When I had finished talking, neither of them said anything, which was also kind of annoying. So I asked, exasperated, "So what on earth is going on?!"

"It's your point of view", explained Wisdom.

"Huh?" I often had difficulty keeping up with his ideas. They were always so... wise.

"Perspective; the way you view things." He pulled out a pair of glasses from the pocket on his jeans. "Here, take these. Put them on first thing in the morning and everything will be back to normal."

"Okay", I agreed, and the conversation was over.

The next day, I did was Wisdom had instructed me, and, unbelievably, everything was normal again.

The only problem was that I had to remove the glasses to have a shower, and when I came out, they were gone.

Typical.

Secretly, however, I was pleased. I kind of liked the world being upside down. There'd always been something about me that liked weird things.

It must have been the moustache.
© Copyright 2013 emilyradke (emilyradke at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1945942-An-Unusual-Day