*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1946023-Ho-hum
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Activity · #1946023
School assignment.
There is little comparable to the peace instilled by the warmth of the rays from the setting sun on the sea. Everything seems to resonate effortlessly in sync, from the tiniest grain of sand to the vast expanse, itself. Pulling out binoculars, you may be able to spot a flicker of movement leaping with the seaspray, just out of reach. If you lower your nose to the salty sand, you might find a shell to pluck from it's bed and admire, or you may find one doing it's best to amble away.

In one fragment of this ecosystem, there is such a glorious array of the wonders nature presents. Sitting in the warm sand, sifting for treasures, there are tiny beads of color, rolled smooth by the relentless waters, only to wash up onto the beach and showcase their journey. A circling of gulls overhead begins the ballet of their feast. Bright white free-fallers plunge through the shimmering surface to emerge, victorious. It's not hard to imagine such things piquing fascination.

I wish I were able to give the opportunity for this experience to anyone without it. It's difficult to convey the serenity provided by the golden glow of the setting sun, or the sparkle reflecting off the tireless waters. I hope you, too are able to share my encounter with one of nature's most beloved settings. As the last beams of light retreat to sink to the ocean's bed, I rest assured; the ocean is an irrefutable marvel.
© Copyright 2013 Kaeci Brighten (kaecibrighten at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1946023-Ho-hum