*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1947424-Dream-big-but-Start-Small
Rated: E · Other · Community · #1947424
A girl who suffered the pain of not attending school for what her people believed then.
One day Tajana was sitting with her grandmother Yordanos outside the veranda where we would always sit at times like this watching as the sun headed to the west. when we couldn't see the sun any more, before going back inside the house she would tell me a story or two. that day, she decided to tell me a story abut this girl who her parents didn't take to school because during that time they believed that schooling a girl was not only a waste of time but also a waste of  money. Tajana would stay home taking care f her little ones and doing what was around to be done because she was the lady of the house since her mother died.As her brothers came or were going to school, she would feel the pain of the child wishing to have what he doesn't have and that's when all the thoughts comes in her mind and she start wishing to have been borne as a boy. After her grandmother said and that's how she grew older, that was then that she realised that her grandmother was telling her her story and that didn't make her very happy so she decided to try something new.

The following day she followed her brothers behind without them knowing because she wanted to experience and see what was school and how it looked like. when they entered the classroom, she w4ent behind the window where nobody could see her and waited to see what was going to happen next. That day, even her was ready to learn and see what other people, especially boys learned that didn't want all the girls to learn too, for she had seen some of the girls in the classroom but none of them did she recognise.At break time, she would go and hide somewhere where nobody could see her or think that someone was hiding there unless if she saw a snake, the she would run out of there and then everyone would notice her. when the recess was over, she would go at the same spot at the window and followed along as different teachers came in and out of the classes, teaching different subjects. when she saw the stud4ents parking their books, she then realised that it was time to go home for lunch. she run as fast as she could sot hat when her brothers got home they would find her and the food ready for them so that  they would return to school on time.

What she learned that day, she kept it t her self until one day when her father came from work early. As they say " When you see an opportunity, be not a afraid to grab it (Giselle)" so did she. She stole the opportunity to talk to him because she thought that, that was the best time she will ever get to tell him about her wanting to go to school. " father guess what?" she started. " what is it Tajana ?" her father asked. Then she continued non-stopping. " If I go to school, I will always become the first place in my class. I will always collect all the gifts that smart students gate. Then when I am done primary school, I will get a sponsor to sponsor me through my years in the University. After I graduate from pro secondary, I will become a business woman who will be travelling all over the world, or I will become a doctor who will be treating you in your old age. If I don't become any of them, I will go into politics, then when I get to the top position,I will change this law that nobody else follows but only people in our village that schooling a girl is like not having anything else to do. I will make sure every child attends school. Even those who can't afford it, during my time they will afford it. If poverty is their problem, I will help them with my own money along with the help of  the sponsors like the one who is going to help me. Please fat her take me to school she begged her father after going through all the plans and the r4easons why she should be taken to school. Before  her father could answer her, she continued. " I promise you, I will not disappoint you. if I don't come home with good marks, you can always take me out." "Okay! Tajana, I will think about it " her father said. " In case you were to think about when I could start, I am ready to start even tomorrow."she said and there she was gone to get her father water as she was asked too.

As she was gone her father gave it a thought and decided that taking her to school was the best choice he could make during this time since he has lost his job and if she prosper as she just told him, he will be the happiest father in the world.

So did all her dreams come true.
© Copyright 2013 SGiselle (sgiselle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1947424-Dream-big-but-Start-Small