*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1947472-WWYD-What-would-you-do
Rated: E · Prose · Other · #1947472
Lot of imagery about love, forgiveness, acceptance, letting go of the past, moving forward
Would you trade an old soul for a young heart? Would you exchange your apprehension for daring? Would you shed your security, like dead skin, and bare yourself to the sun. Will you pass through darkness to touch light? Can you blister with life?

Are you able to blend your courage with stupidity and still endure its taste -and with whom would your share your cup? Would you risk broken bones for an embrace; even one that's fleeting at best?

Are you drenched inside with tears you cannot bleed? Can sunshine dry you inside? Would you run backward against the weight of time to stop your future or maybe slow it to a crawl so that you can catch up?

Are you willing to let another beat your heart for you?

Do you think you'll still be tall enough to ride the rollercoaster when you're flat on your back or will you lie, grey in your envy, and watch the train pass endlessly? Will you stand and continue to wave goodbye again?

The color of love is black and its acceptance, white. Will you feel the beauty of letting go or will you hang on with eyes pinched closed, breaking lashes? Can you hold hands with shadows and ask memories to lead you home again or have you wandered from your path? Is your path overgrown, to dim to see but still deep enough to stumble upon?

Are you tired of the cinema that plays scratched movies while your body cries for rest? Do you still mouth the dialog even when its bitter? Can you turn down the sound?

There is no true distance, only separation but can you close those gaps with want?

There are people here, good people, real people, but mostly they hide. Can you glimpse their flashes as they pass between the catnaps that you call an ordinary day? Can you be brave enough to wake when you haven't slept yet?

Exiting loved ones left spaces in you that were empty to begin with. You can't fill them with another void.

Does the depth of the water matter when your feet no longer touch bottom? And if you had to, for how long could you hold your breath? You cannot swim while you're making fists. Can you open your hands and drop all of the sand that you carry?

It's weighing you down.
© Copyright 2013 Tim Buckley (tbuckley1019 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1947472-WWYD-What-would-you-do