*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1948760-The-Muddy-Feet
by Smiles
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1948760
Entry for The Writers Cramp
The Muddy Feet


         Minnie was a challenging, active, always mischievous gosling. Her gaggle was often in detention due to her antics. Ms. Gallant ran a very well organized school. She believed in every one of her charges. She also knew from experience that every gosling would one day grow into a stately goose. Even goslings like Minnie grew up.
         Just last week Ms. Gallant read an article in her local paper, “The Geese Harold” about a new phenomenon among top flight geese. The top expert’s in gosling behavior proposed the formation of flying geese bands complete with drums, trumpets, and saxophones. Ms. Gallant had already developed her charges into an award winning marching band. Now, she just had to put them in flight.
         The biggest problem that vexed the band was their inability to keep their boots on in flight. Invariably as the gaggle rose, their feet tucked in and the boots flew off.
          Minnie, as usual was off playing in the muddy creek instead of practicing. “Minnie, march right over here and join the others,” honked Ms. Gallant.
         In her hurry to comply Minnie forgot to rinse her feet before slipping them into her boots. They felt very squishy but since Ms. Gallant didn't notice she wasn't about to admit her error.
         Her charges flew in perfect formation, but alas, one by one the boots floated to the ground. Then she noticed that Minnie’s boots were still on her webbed feet. Ms. Gallant felt hopeful of winning the “Top Geese Flying Band Award.”
         As soon as her charges landed, Ms. Gallant demanded that Minnie tell her how it happened that she kept her boots on,when no one else could.
         “Well, ah, ah,” sputtered Minnie; “I forgot to rinse my muddy feet. My boots stuck to my feet. I’m sorry Ms. Gallant.”
         Ms. Gallant honked loudly, “Minnie, you know the rules. What your feet were wet with mud? Brilliant, absolutely brilliant! I always knew you were special, Minnie. Thank you! You have saved our school!”
         Every member of the band was instructed to frolic in the mud and then quickly put on their boots. They were fantastic. The small geese decided to call their band, "The Muddy Feet." Ms. Gallant strutted, yes strutted as her band flew forward and brought home the coveted trophy.



© Copyright 2013 Smiles (smiles4uandme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1948760-The-Muddy-Feet