*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1949435-Merlins-Curse
by Kiriel
Rated: · Other · Supernatural · #1949435
as the world turns away from magic to technology, Merlin gives them a wake up call
A man stands in front of a panel of glowing buttons and flashing lights. A message pops up on screen reading nuclear warhead use authorized by the president prepare for launch. As the man bends down to press the button everything fades to black.

An old man that looks to be around the age of 80 wakes from a brief but very ominous dream. He looks into a crystal ball showing people inventing many new things that all will impact society in many ways. They were all making magnificent metal monstrosities. The one thing all these people and devices were the touch of magic which had long since vanished from the world except for this one old man named Merlin.

Merlin then looks at an owl that is sitting on the dining room table above a dead mouse sitting on a plate wiping his beak with a napkin. Merlin then starts to explain his dream to his long-lived and faithful companion, Archimedes. At the end of the story the owl, with a intelligent glimmer in its eye, asks," So, what are you going to do about it? you are going to do something, right?" Merlin jumps from his chair in excitement and exclaims," Of course I will! If people will forget that magic exists then i will MAKE them acknowledge it." "You know a global spell like that will be take 1000 years of of your 3000 year lifespan you got from that Phoenix tear, and that you will only have 115 more years to live?" " I know, I know. It's worth the cost if i can prevent what i saw in my vision.

All across the world in 1905 people heard a voice echoing in there heads saying, "The magic and mythical world you have forgotten is real. From this day on, I, Merlin will give the world a gift. 60% of the world has latent powers that will activate themselves on a person's 16th birthday. There are 4 types of mythical humanoids that a person can be. A person can be a witch, a were-cat, a werewolf, or a vampire."
"There are two types of witches, Nature witches and Ethereal witches. Nature witches have the power to control the elements and to make charms and potions. All Nature witches have a distinctive mark, a triangular pupil that it pointing down. Ethereal witches have the power to control the magnetic forces around everyone allowing them to fly, use telepathy, become invisible,etc. These witches are know by their pupils which are triangles facing up. The most powerful of these witches will have a purple ring around their pupil signifying their power. Were-cats have the ability to switch between the form of a cat and a human. They have cat's eyes in both forms. Werewolves are people who can switch into a wolf or human form. They have normal eyes with either a glowing green gold or red iris. Vampires are creatures of the night that are stronger when it is dark but they can go out in sun. they can be identified because their iris is toataly black and when they need to feed their pupil looks like it has a flame in it. I depart you with one last message 'The world may think of this as a curse but it is actually an opportunity to improve what you already are and can be'."
© Copyright 2013 Kiriel (maxm00 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1949435-Merlins-Curse