*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1949954-Assignment-1
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1949954
assignment one
1) Sealed up Vacant business spot on Main Street. Various things on sale tacked on window. Can’t see in. Seems like there is always something new posted to be sold. A phone number. A banner, “New Business coming soon” has been on the window too for as long as I can remember. This is an eye sore for the community. What is the story with the business? Calls to the number on the window, gets an answering machine saying, “You know what to do.” Calls to the city development department leave no answers. One night, looking for my dog I see my neighbor entering this business through the back alleyway. He has been bitching with me about the need for the business to be fixed. I yell for him but he runs inside. The next day I ask him about the incident. He tells me he doesn’t know what I am talking about. I guess that is possible, except now he is telling me he doesn’t want to push anymore on the business. I notice he is smiling and whistling today. Odd, considering he recently lost his wife. This is a business with a special room where you can connect with the dead or relive past moments. To experience these things, you can’t tell anyone, and you have to do whatever is asked in return.



2) There are those that can remember every detail of their life. Most can’t. Imagine if you found a book that detailed the defining moments of your life and what made you what you are. Imagine finding a book that gave you an unbiased look at these situations. Imagine that every entry relived your feelings of an encounter and also let you discover the other persons too. In the end are you making life harder then it has to be. Are you really all that different then your fellow man?



© Copyright 2013 Tension (tension at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1949954-Assignment-1