*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1950268-A-letter-to-Zac
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1950268
Human encounters furry creature having a bad day
Dear Grandchildren.

Sorry that I haven’t written to you sooner but I had a sore finger and I couldn’t type very well.

Do you want to know what happened to my finger?

Well, last Tuesday I was in the garden with “Kranky” the cat from next door combing the grass and talking to the flowers when up popped a weezle-wobbler.
It was the biggest weezle-wobbler I have seen in many years. It was red with an orange face, purple hair and yellow teeth.
If you have never seen a Weezle-wobbler, then you should know that they are normally very blue, very furry, stand about 12 inches tall and live at the bottom of the big field in a little place called “Weezleville”.

Weezle-wobblers are not seen in the human world very often but they are quite harmless and actually quite cute, but it did cause a bit of a shock when this cute little fellah appeared the other week.

Normally they have 2 eyes but this one had only 1 eye and When he came out of the soil, he made me and Kranky jump as his huge blue eyeball stared up from between the blades of grass. Kranky, who jumped high off the ground was really scared and scratched my finger with his long pointy claws and I wasn’t able to write any letters for quite a few weeks.

Anyway, this wet and tired looking weezle-wobbler who we called Walter was sad because he had lost his way. He was going to visit his Mum and sister in Weezleville but he had taken the wrong turning on the motorway and somehow he had ended up on my Street.

I could tell that he had been crying because his green coloured tears were shooting out from his eye and on the floor in front of him was his left eyeball.

He had cried so much that his eye had popped out. Kranky was having a good old sniff at it to see if it would be good enough for his tea with a bit of jam and lettuce.

For humans like you and I, crying is ok because it helps to wash your eyeballs, but for Walter it wasn’t good at all. A weezle-wobbler with only one eye can have lots of acci-dents if he can’t see very well….

And that is exactly what had happened…He had been riding his scooter on the motor-way on his way to Weezleville when he got lost and as he began to cry the tears had gone under his tyres and made him skid along the road.
Unfortunately he collided with an empty crisp packet coming in the other direction on his way to market. The crisp packet hit him so hard that Walter fell from his scooter and his left leg went right up his bum causing great inconvenience and making it quite difficult for him to ride his scooter properly….Poor old Walter.

It hadn’t been a good day for him. He had lost an eye, hurt his leg and had ended up at my house and didn’t have the foggiest idea where he was.

Humans and weezle-wobblers don’t normally meet because of their different way of lives but because of his accidents and getting lost I had met Walter for the first time in my life.

We sat and talked for a while about all the places in the world we had seen while he en-joyed a cup of soil tea and a jelly and paper sandwich. I then gave him a water-proof map and showed him what I thought was probably the direction of Weezleville.

He was a very friendly and polite little weezle-wobbler and I do hope that he will come back again one day soon.
Maybe I will go and see him in Weezleville. If I do, I will be sure to write and tell you all about his adventures.
Lots of love


From Grandad
xx
© Copyright 2013 Charlie Chestnut (grenadier1961 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1950268-A-letter-to-Zac