*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1951766-A-Simple-Rescue
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1951766
My wife Carla as the rescuer of everyone with me as her simpleton accomplice.
Word Count=291

“I want us to give him the money,” Carla said. Her sternness was her way of covering the empathy she experienced for all life forms.

“You don’t know him like I do Carla,” I said. She was broken and weary of a night filled with phone calls, emails and text messages.

“He’s useless Carla. Bone idle,” I said. “He hasn’t lifted a finger to save himself in twenty years. He’s not getting any of my money.”

Carla, my long suffering wife would not look at me. She sat on the gray ottoman and stared at her pink slippers and nodded her head up and down.

“He’s your brother,” she said.

“My brother who sees fit to torment you with his whinny requests instead of manning up and coming to me. My brother!”

“He’s afraid of you.”

“He’s afraid of everything and everyone. He’s even afraid of you. Carla. It shows how desperate he is. Desperation is getting to him at last and I hope desperation takes him to the darkest edge of eternity and drops him off!.”

Carla’s face lifted slowly to search for my eyes. I let my gaze meet hers. The best part of who I was appeared in her loving gaze. She would give everything to rescue my brother. Pure nobility and innocence guided her decisions. Everyone had to be rescued. If I was to grow tired of rescuing people then I would have to grow tired of my precious wife.

“I’m sure he will need it wired to him,” I said, receiving the holy gift of Carla’s graceful smile, calm and at rest she pressed my hand against her moist eyes and lips. Grateful. “Where do think he wants the money sent this time, love?”

© Copyright 2013 ♫~ Kenword~♫ (kenword101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1951766-A-Simple-Rescue