*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1952502-Ch-11---Its-been-awhile-I-missed-you
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Amica
Rated: E · Chapter · Entertainment · #1952502
Wow, where do I even begin...How about back to the locket..
It’s been a long time since I’ve written back to rant on this notebook. I’ve just been busy with a lot of activities in school. But I guess it’s time I start jotting down all these memories that have happened in the past few weeks…so here it goes.

After the Halloween dance, almost every other day, I’d see Miguel by the front of the school, waiting for me. It was sweet of him to offer me a ride home, but at times I didn’t find it necessary. I liked the freedom of getting to choose whether or not to ride the bus, walk home, or get offered a ride by a cute guy. However, I did prefer walking home at times, just cus I could use the exercise. Though that didn’t stray away Miguel. So there would be days when I would let him take me home.

Our car rides going home at first were awkward. Especially after the Halloween dance just because I haven’t seem him since the weekend. Nevertheless, it was nice to see him again. I guess he realized I didn’t have a topic to open up until he looked at me and realized I was wearing the locket.

“I see you decided to wear it already.”
“Pardon,” I said as I turned to look at him while fidgeting with the locket

He took one hand off the steering wheel and took hold of the locket. Gently opening it and smiled as he said, “Still empty I see..”

I chuckled and thought of a quick comeback I thought would be cute (yet, I honestly don’t know why I had to say that.)

“Oh, yeah. Hehe. Well, I’m still thinking if what I want to put in it is worth staying in here.” I said, as I tapped the locket. I thought to myself, Smooth Alexis, smooth…

“Well, what do you want to put in it?”
“I was thinking a caterpillar.”
“What?! Hehehe, why would you put that there?”
“Well, so eventually when I open it up again, it’d turn into a beautiful butterfly.”
“Hahaha, whatever you want Alexis.”

I only realized then how stupid I sounded, and felt like the car was getting smaller around me. Why did I even say that, and to all people… the person who gave it to me. Though it was nice to hear him just laugh it off and find my naivety striking.

When he dropped me off, he didn’t make a move, but just bid me goodbye with a “see you tomorrow?”. Like a silly fool, I just nodded my head, got out of the car, and watched him drive off. Since then, or car rides have been like that. So I thought to myself, probably I kissed him in such a bad way.

Anyways, besides Miguel, school life for Adam and myself have been good. Adam and Benjee are gunna participate in the Electronic Robots Competition and they are taking it way too seriously, coming up with all kinds of ideas they think people from Google or NASA would like to use eventually. To each his own I suppose. Johanna got herself a boyfriend so there have been days when sitting at the cafeteria table with them makes me feel like a gray blob. Adam’s got Benjee (bromance) and Johanna with her beau Benjamin.

At least I don’t feel totally alone, especially when I do get to spend days with Miguel.

OH! Remember that freaky dream I had before, it stopped happening. I’m glad yet sorta wondering what happened to it. Regardless, I’m glad I don’t wake up in the middle of the night and start writing any longer.

My art class has kept me busy and even on one of our educational trips, to which Mr. Hurley considers exhilaratingly educational; he decided to take us around different art galleries in Portland, and we came across Miguel’s exhibit. Miguel explained to the class about his art, while Mr. Hurley kept throwing questions to him for us to be informed of what a “true” artist is. So lately, we’ve been assigned to put together our own little exhibit by the end of the year for a grade. I’m a little excited and stressing about it a bit, for I take awhile making one art, what more an exhibit of things I jot down on a canvas from this chaotic mind of mine.

I don’t really have much to say now, except for the fact that its 1 am and I got class tomorrow. As well as it’s a full moon tomorrow. Supposedly the biggest one Portland will get to see, so I’m a bit excited for that. They say that full moons have some supernatural aura to it for those who truly believe, and I believe that the moon isn’t just a symbolism of a brighter tomorrow, but its deeper than that. After all, there’s two sides of the moon; the light and the dark…So goodnight, and till the next entry….
© Copyright 2013 Amica (purplemunster at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1952502-Ch-11---Its-been-awhile-I-missed-you