*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1954803-The-Lighthouse-Keeper
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by marcas
Rated: E · Prose · Personal · #1954803
understanding life and events that make the person I am today.
The Lighthouse Keeper.

Pondering in the loneliness of thoughts, just enriching those hopes and dreams of yester year, thinking of a life that was once filled with such an abundance of purpose and meaning, then remembering those words of comfort and encouragement from all those around, those who have seen the true nature of the beast buried deep within your soul, they have watched over time every twist and turn that has been taken as you grappled to enhance the deep passion of life and love.

Then reality and realization take hold, exploding with the truth of who you actually are, someone who has lived a life in the depths of isolation but enhanced a nature so caring it ensures that those around are safe and secure in an environment of peace and contentment.

Just like a lighthouse keeper, he is one that stands tall surveying the raging swirling swell of the surrounding sea, looking for those lost rudderless souls that drift amorously in the sea of despair and desperation.

He ensures his light burns brightly and the siren sounds loud and clear, giving a warning to those lost souls of the imminent danger lying ahead in the uncharted ferocious waters.

As he stands alone on the uncompromising unforgiving jagged rocks watching the raging sea thrash a blinding mist of despair and anger, writhing and grinding it consumes the very fabric and foundations of life, then contorts and twists a future of hopelessness and misery from the essence of happiness, hope and understanding.

The storms begin's to rage and a thick choking pea soup fog descends, his heart races with the knowledge of the inevitable dangers that lie ahead, he hopes and prays the ships will see his warnings and heed to the sound of the siren and see the light shining brightly in the distance.

The ships continue at pace and out of control directly towards the jagged rocks, hidden sand banks and fast flowing whirlpools, he yells and screams the warnings of despair, drawing on ever last breath from his feeble frame; but to no avail.

From a deep heart felt knowledge he knows that the storm will slowly subside and he will see the broken scattered wreckage of life from those who have not listened, seen or heard the warnings of help.

Rushing to the shore he sees the total carnage and devastation left by the storm, crushed, confused and lifeless souls recoiling from the emotional and mental destruction of their bodies and minds.

He embraces their distorted figures in an unconditional love then slowly mops their brows with true compassion, lifting them slowly to his bosom he listens but does not advise, he comforts as they reveal and release those shattered dreams and emotions, then nourishes their minds and souls with love, trust and understanding.

As time passes their bodies and minds begin to heal and grow stronger, they encompass the knowledge of life and love as it bursts forth like a flower coming into bloom, then with vibrant beauty it enriches the deep colours of hope swaying gentle in the breeze of contentment, rekindling all those dreams and desires of yester year.


With new strength and vigour they return and begin to board their ship of life, looking forward in anticipation to the new discoveries, adventures, expectations and challenges with a deep readiness to overcome and encompass the serene, tranquil waters of the sea of life.

They turn and embrace the lighthouse keeper, thanking him for all his kindness, compassion and love that he has shown, but deep down in their hearts they hope that they will never need to return to the safe haven and sanctuary of his love and protection.

He smiles gently, wishing them well, then with a saddened heart he watches their vessels slip slowly away, their laughter and happiness rebounding from the euphoric peace and understanding they have now found, but with their eyes blinkered they are oblivious to the destructive undercurrent that lies deep beneath the calm serene waters of life.

Standing alone and forlorn on the shores of isolation he watches the ships almost motionless sail towards the beautiful crimson sunset basking in the glory of redemption, but with a heavy heart he knows that over time the memories, compassion and love they once knew will be forgotten and slowly diminish into obscurity.

In time the distress and destruction of the ravaging storms come to bare, striping any dignity, understanding and comprehension from his gentle tender heart, weakening his frame of resolve, battering, twisting then contorting his thoughts until he cries out in excruciating pain at the devastation caused to those lost soul who have never pleasured in the joy and happiness of freedom.

His burdens have become heavy, but his heart still burns with a deep consuming passion that encourages him to fight with his last breath to maintain the light of life, ensuring that it glows even brighter than before conquering all the fears from the past and to uphold the future.


His heart torn apart with torment he pleads that just once to be released from these consuming burdens, so that finally his body can rest and his soul may seek and find true love, a love that will bring comfort to him and rekindle his heart to help heal the scars of cruelty and deprivation that he’s life has been witness to.

Though deep down he knows that he’s heart has been made captive to the lady of the sea, she is one that can be so kind and gentle bringing calm, peace and tranquillity to the waters of life, then in an instant change to a raging consuming monster that devours all around. Over time he has learnt, treaty the lady with respect and a friend for life she will be.
© Copyright 2013 marcas (marcas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1954803-The-Lighthouse-Keeper