*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1955468-Memoirs-of-Paranoia
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1955468
A slightly twisted account of a characters delve into the depths of insanity.

Memoirs of Paranoia
     
Entry one                                                                                                                    January first
            So, I’ve decided to start keeping a journal. My therapist told me it would be good for me, you know, with my problems. So, yeah. I guess I’ll start with something simple, like who I am.
Well, I am who I am. I’m a twenty two year old guy, have a few good friends, and I have no current significant other at the moment. I have a decent desk job which pays moderately well, and I have my bachelor’s degree. I’m a Cancer, and my regular palm reader says that I will live a happy and fulfilling life.
So, um, yeah. That’s about it for this week. To anybody who’s reading this, stay out of my journal. And if you don’t, I’ll find you! Haha, just kidding. But seriously, please try to stay out. So, I guess that’s it. Goodbye.

Entry four                                                                                            January twenty second
            Hey, me again. My therapy sessions are going well, and I think I’m really making some progress. Though, I think I’m getting sick from my medication, I wonder why that is. I mean, it’s bad. I threw up at work from it. Anyways, my week has been good other than that.
            For instance, me and my friends decided to go out and have some fun. Nothing illegal, but it was a fun time nonetheless. We just sat and talked for hours, nothing too bad. So yeah, that was a good time.
            You know, I think I’m getting better at this. At this rate, I’ll be cured in no time! Maybe I should get an exorcism like my mom suggested to speed this along. Oh well, I’ll think about it. Let’s see, what else happened this week…
            Oh yeah! I decided to put myself out there like my therapist suggested. I walked up to a girl who I didn’t know, and struck up a conversation. She was really nice, even though I was probably bugging her. She never did look up from her book, so I couldn’t have been bugging her that much.
            Well, that’s about it for now. Goodbye.

Entry six                                                                                          February fifth
            Yeah, um, it’s me again. I finally made the decision to get off my medication, so I’m proud of myself for that. I just got off this morning, I simply didn’t take it. I kept the pills though, just in case I need to take them again. Oh well, I’ll be fine. I won’t be sick anymore at least.
      I have no real other news. Goodbye.

Entry nine                                                        February twenty six
        I’ve finally figured it out. I’ve got why I was getting sick! They were poisoning me. They thought I was a danger to society. Well I’m not, and they’ll never poison me again. I got sick for a few days after getting off the medication, but that was just my body purifying itself. I was getting the poison out of my system. And after that, I haven’t been getting sick! But there are still so many other dangers. Especially to the girl I talked to, who I mentioned earlier in here. She’s in danger too, because she talked to me. I need to protect her. I’ve been waiting outside her house at night, even sleeping there to protect her. And I will. I will protect her, no matter the cost. I can’t get her out of my mind, I just can’t. I need to save her. They’ve been after me too, and I don’t know where they’ll strike from. Even my neighbors could be after me, I can’t know. I realized that they’ve been tracing me from my cellphone, so I got rid of that. They can also watch me from my tv. 1984? That wasn’t a fictional book, that was a warning. A warning to what the government is doing. And I’m the only one to have taken it. I smashed my tv, and threw it away. They can’t get me now!

Entry ten                                                                  March seventh
        I’m sorry for keeping such erratic journal entries, but I haven’t had time. The government must have gotten word that I’m protecting the girl, who will be now known as Francine to protect her identity. They must have gotten word, because the police showed up scanning the bushes. They then went into Francine’s house to question her, and she willingly let them in! It’s so sad to see such an uninformed person fall victim to them, especially one I care about. I looked in the window, but I couldn’t hear a thing. But she was very upset at what they were saying, because she was sobbing hysterically. I should try to comfort her, maybe I will. Anyways, it’s been pretty uneventful. They must be planning something big, they haven’t tried to attack me since the poisoning attempt.

Entry eleven                                                      March twenty ninth
        So, I tried to comfort Francine. She didn’t seem too happy to see me though, she pushed me away and screamed when I came up to her and hugged her. I wonder why she is so against us happening? I mean, I’ve been protecting her for over a month now, and she still doesn’t appreciate me. I wonder how I can make her appreciate me. I need her, and she needs me. We were meant to be together, it was destined. I mean, we’re both Cancers! That can’t be a coincidence. Well, I’ll find a way.

Entry twelve                                                              April eleventh
        I finally figured out a way to protect Francine and get her to appreciate me! I just need to find a way to get her to live with me, and she’ll be protected, I’ll be able to live comfortably, and she’ll learn to appreciate what I do and have done. Tomorrow, I’ll confront her and get her to come with me. By force if necessary. Anything goes when it comes to my love for her.

Entry thirteen                                                            April thirteenth
        So, yesterday I professed my love to Francine. I must have really made an impact, because her mouth slowly drooped open as I told her all I did for her, and how much I loved her! But for some reason, she was so happy that she started screaming. I couldn’t have that. I had to get her quietly, so the government wouldn’t find out. So I did all I could do, I took the chloroform I hid in my pocket and pressed it over her mouth. Luckily we were alone, or that would have looked really bad. Anyways, I now have her mouth, wrists, and ankles duct taped so she can’t escape before she realizes what I’m doing. I also have her in a locked closet. I do feed her and give her water, three times a day! I cook it myself as well. I’m sure that she’ll eventually thank me for it.

Entry fourteen                                                            April twentieth
        Francine hit me! I can’t believe it. I thought she had finally gotten to her senses, she even told me she had. But she hit me and tried to run. I had to chase her, I couldn’t let her get killed by them. But when I reached her, I tripped and fell on her. She hit her head on the table corner, and she hasn’t woken up yet. I’m afraid she’s in a coma.

Entry fifteen                                                                      May first
        I can’t believe it. Francine is dead. I checked for a pulse, and she died. I can’t believe this, how’d she die? Why did this happen to me? All I wanted to do was save her! I’ve taken twenty Nyquil, and by now I’m probably driving towards the bridge. This is my last journal entry. To anybody who’s reading this, stay out of my journal. And if you don’t, I’ll find you! Haha, just kidding. But seriously, please try to stay out. So, I guess that’s it. Goodbye.

To read this with the original font it was intended to be read in, which adds to the effect slightly, go to allmyshortstories.blogspot.com
© Copyright 2013 Rhasperidon (splinter1010 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1955468-Memoirs-of-Paranoia