*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1956476-Twisted-Tales---Little-Red-Riding-Hood
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Dark · #1956476
It follows the darker side of our once loved fairy-tales. it's just a taste, ok? :)
Preface -



Shay De Laurentis sat upon her bed as she listened to the howls of wolves outside her window. The howls sent chills down her spine as she realized one day she would come face to face with one of them. She would stare into the eyes of the creatures who murdered her mother. Shay's mother was murdered on the eve of her 13th birthday. Shay never saw the creature coming, but her mother sacrificed herself for her daughter. Shay has always sworn revenge and up until this day hasn't forgotten her promise to her deceased mother.                 

                                  1.



Shay sensed a presence in her room that night. She pulled her blankets over her head and breathed ragged breaths as she heard footsteps in her room. Loud and hard thuds upon her room floor. She gathered all the courage and threw the covers off her body. She scoped her room for any visible entity or presence, but found nothing. Shay saw red eyes that shone from her ajar cupboard. She gasped and grew scared. She contemplated on how she should act. Shay slid off her bed and opened the cupboard door and gasped. In front of her stood a wolf with blood running down his face. Shay grew livid. It was the same wolf who had murdered her mother years ago. The wolf recognized her. The same brown hair that fell along her back. The same lightly tanned skin. The same green eyes. The same shapely lips. The same hatred he saw in her eyes years ago. The wolf simply vanished from her sight. Shay ran to her window and watched as he ran away. 'Coward', she thought. Shay locked her cupboard door and resumed to sleep.



                                    2.



Shay was on her way to school when she saw an apparition of her mother. She followed the apparition to the deepest, darkest part of the forest. She ran to catch up with her mother, but couldn't. Her mother's apparition stopped moving. Shay walked toward her mother. Shay saw something run past her. She calmed herself and walked around to see if it triggered anything or anyone. Shay watched her mother disappear. Once her mother had fully disappeared, in her place lay a young man. He looked injured, if not dead.



                                  3.



Chapter One -



It was the early morning, I gathered that much. My father's car reversed out of our drive-way and my brother's music invaded the whole house. I heard my room door open and then, wait for it ... 'Ouch!' I exclaimed as I felt my sister jump upon me. My sister Nirvana would always wake us up like this. I pushed her off and told her to leave, in the nicest tone I could forage. She understood and skipped away. I quickly prepared myself for the day. I took an apple and ran to catch my school-bus on time. I scoped the bus for my friend Lacalay, she's an Indian descendant. I heard an indistinct whistle over all the commotion and my eyes locked upon her. 'Hey Laca,' I greeted her with a hug. 'Hi,' she smiled. Laca looked uncomfortably distant. I sensed she was indeed uncomfortable when she stared outside the window. 'Lacalay, what troubles you?' I asked her as I shut the window's blinds. 'It be a dream that steals my slumber,' she whispers. 'A nightmare?' I asked, now intrigued. 'Kind of. Its more of a premonition. The dream has ailed me for weeks now,' Lacalay confessed with her head in her hands. 'Tell me, Lac,' I assured her.



                                    4.



Lacalay told me about her recurring dream or premonition. I had to admit something. Her premonition startled me. Her premonition was about this forest, similar to Grenwich. The forest harboured secrets unknown to the ordinary human. She saw her ancestors, Tutakin and Machee performing rituals. She told me that her ancestors were talking to 'disfigured creatures'. The description startled me and I realized they were similar to a description of a wolf. Lacalay's premonition would end when Machee would slay and bathe in the blood of one of the creatures. I couldn't bring myself to words as she ended her premonition. The school day went by in a flash. I couldn't even concentrate, Laca's premonition stuck in my head like an axe would stay in fresh wood. As the last bell rang I found myself in a trance as I walked home.



                                    5.



I opened my room door and immediately went to my computer. I researched supernatural phenomena and could only find tampered with material. I decided to go to my town's local library. I took out books about the Indian Ancestors and the creatures that they came into contact with. I spent nearly half the afternoon researching. I only left the library at about half past eight in the evening. I found myself in a situation when I realized I was being followed. I grew frightened and ran. I saw my captors and they ran after me. I tripped and screamed as I felt one of them grab my leg. I kicked the guy off and continued to run for my life. I then hid behind a tree. My heart pounded like an impatient drum. Would I die? Would I be raped? One thing was for sure: I could not escape.
© Copyright 2013 Bella Maude (zaarah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1956476-Twisted-Tales---Little-Red-Riding-Hood