*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1957418-Luck-Or-Labor
by Andy
Rated: E · Other · Opinion · #1957418
Its about our day to day conversations.
                                                         
It has always been a topic of numerous debates as to what is more important for an individual to be successful, Luck or Labor? There are two school of thoughts, one believes that its the hard work of an individual that makes one successful, while the other says it's the luck that takes one to great heights. Well both are not wrong, but not always right as well. As per the general belief, its the hard work that can overcome even misfortune.

But not everyone is in favor of this saying. We have seen a number of people spending their lives in sheer hard work but they get “just enough” to keep their ends meet , on the other hand, we see many dark horses winning the race without even putting 1/10th of the efforts. This creates confusion and many  times the ones not getting enough out of their hard work blame their luck not to be on their side. But again we have the saying “Fortune favors the brave”, which means even the luck is with the ones who work for it.

So, in my opinion its not only the hard work, neither just the luck that makes an individual successful, but its the right mix or a perfect blend of Luck and Labor that works wonders. If its just the hard work then the laborers on the road side must be billionaires, as they are very hard working or if its just the luck then the likes of Steves and Bills must not have put in any efforts to make those billions. I think “Hard Work” can get you something sometimes, “Good Luck” can get you many things sometimes, but the mixture of hard work and good luck can get you anything anytime. What say people... :)
© Copyright 2013 Andy (oneforu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1957418-Luck-Or-Labor