*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1957956-Write
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Community · #1957956
An open letter to all
All the pain you've experienced, all the struggles and disappointments, the stresses of your job, the fears of getting old. Your friends(the good ones and the bad). Your loves. In essence, everything, your whole history...its all like gallons of ink stored in your mind, just waiting to be spilled into paper, to be turned into a thousand pages of inspired narrative.

And if you write, with a level of effort and imagination you've not previously employed, you'll see those pages turn into better friends than you've ever had. They'll turn to levels of therapy no money can buy. And you'll discover things about yourself you didn't even know were there.

Writing(more than anything) is a journey of self-discovery and empowerment. Any writer will tell you that.
We write because that is the one area in our lives that we are true masters of. People and things in our lives may drain our energy, our will, our confidence; we give up parts of ourselves to these and loose ownership of our thoughts, our hearts, our very souls. Even our own bodies betray us, and make us slaves to habit and routine. But our words are wholly and universally ours, to do with as we will.

With the indubitable ownership of our words, our biggest failures in life can be expressed so as to incur the least amount of judgement; our greatest embarrassments can be penned to encourage laughter and endearment. No matter the experience, be it the darkest chapters of our lives, or our proudest moment, It can all be spilled into a page and transformed into whatever you want it to be-save that it not be spurious.

So, write...just write.
© Copyright 2013 Enrique Rivera (cozmotech at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1957956-Write