*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1957978-October-Challenge-Day-14
by Rojodi
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1957978
Plot Points revision #2 and the bonus cultural settings of the story.
Plot Points:

Beginning in 1990: A private investigator is ambushed, shot, and apparently dies.

Awakening in 1982: Micah dreamed, or so he thought, of being an older man, being an ambushed private investigator who managed to kill two of his attackers. He tries to remember who shot him last in the dream.

Talking with both sisters: Little sister Stephanie sees something different in him and tells him so. Older sister Ewa reminds him that he’s always wanted to be a writer, tells him to write the dream.

Albany High Prom: Micah meets a few of Antoinette’s friends and explains his Chance nickname. He also has to deal with one of her former boyfriends, someone that can’t understand how she could love him no longer.

Picking up Antoinette: Micah is introduced to her boss, an older man that has had an unlawful crush on her since the first time he saw her.

The Graduation Present: His journalism teacher edits and submits the story of the dream to a magazine. He’s informed just before his graduation.

Dangerous: Antoinette is kidnapped. Micah and his cousin find her alive.

Discovery: The map exists; the stolen painting is on his family’s farm.

On the farm: It comes down to the two of them. Van Rossum does not, cannot, understand why Chance won’t give up the map.

Bonus:
The Early 1980s Culture:

In this setting, middle class families struggle to provide a good life for their children. One father works at a bank as Supervisor to the courier and maintenance staffs. The other works for the State of New York as a Supervisor at the Department of Taxation.
Music was very diverse, with New Wave entering the main stream. Heavy metal, punk rock, hardcore punk, and hip hop achieved crossover success. This was the decade of Madonna and Michael Jackson.

On Wall Street, the pure capitalism of greed began, unfettered by governmental control.
Cars were being built smaller and smaller, while gas mileage was going up. Though a few people still hung on to their “Land Yachts” of the 1970s, most were riding around in cars that fit only four adults comfortably.

Hairstyles were changing. Longer hair on men was acceptable. Higher and higher went those of women. The mullet became popular.
© Copyright 2013 Rojodi (rojodi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1957978-October-Challenge-Day-14