*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1958372-Normal-Norman
Rated: E · Short Story · Drama · #1958372
Normal Norman observes a life changing event happening between two familiar strangers.
Normal Norman sat at the end of the table. Chewing on the overcooked meat he stared out through his deep blue eyes. Within the boundaries of his vision he could see how they sat in the distance, down the far end of the table, but yet not far enough. It was a glowing summer's afternoon, the light bounced around the room exposing everything and everyone, or apparently so from the words that were spoken.



I would like to say that the chirpings of birds and the rustling of the trees echoed from the outside world of calm and solitude into this world, a world substantially based on separation, radiating out from the far end of the table infecting everything around them, but not quite reaching me. Instead‚ every noise is drowned out. They used to be lovers, but maybe it was‚ another type of love, the type‚ that holds you together because you don't have anything left to hold on to.



The day ventures on and still the battle commences between these strangers I call my parents. Soon the only connection they will have to one another is me. That is, if everything goes to 'plan.'









© Copyright 2013 Blackbird (blackbird960 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1958372-Normal-Norman