*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1958725-Demon-Child
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1958725
A little girl who is betrayed by her own heart
         Her swampy green eyes peered around the dark oak wood of a limber but yet beautiful tree. The beat of an innocent heart was all that was heard. The silence that surrounded her was astounding. Her pale hand gently caressed the oak.
“What is that behind the tree?” a young wanderer asked out loud even though no one was around to hear his soft fragile voice. He began to walk closer to the tree. The snow made a crunch noise with every step he made.
“Stop!” the young girl shrieked. “Do not come any closer! If you must, I shall give you nightmares from hell!” she yelled at the boy.
“I’m not afraid of you, you’re a little girl.” His face was marked with confusion. He began to walk closer again and she hid her whole body from his view.
“Please, do not come any closer, for I am a foul beast. Not by looks but by the heart.” She said in a low tone.
“Little girl, please come out, you must be cold!” he said louder hoping she would show herself.
“I am not cold,” she leaned around the tree. “I am cold hearted.” She said again in a low tone.
“I don’t believe you. You don’t seem cold hearted,” he said trying to reinsure her. He walked closer. He wasn’t far now. She could now see his brown shaggy hair. He had a nice warm tan making her feel some type of warmth to her heart. He was beautiful. Was she?
“I will come out, only if you promise not to judge.” She said. There was doubt in her voice. Her shakes were not because of the cold but because of the pure fear in her heart.
With one foot in front of the other, she came out.
© Copyright 2013 jesspanne (jesspanne at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1958725-Demon-Child