*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1959047-Just-Human
Rated: 13+ · Other · Personal · #1959047
Some thoughts that kept me awake one night.

For those of you whose eyes begin to wander, and those of you who turn off your ears to the reader, and for those of you who are convincing your brain to quite reading the page, don't move a muscle, I'm not done with this. This being a creation, something spawned from the recesses of the cave that is a mind. But don't ask me what it is, this work of creativity, I don't know, I'm just a translator that spits out a muddled mess of what could have been thoughts fluttering through my brain. I'm the caterpillar never reaching the metamorphosis into thought because hell, we are just human, not the intricacies of that space between spaces where neurons and synapses ricochet into oblivion. Nope just plain human. But if we are honest did we even want to be more than just human? I don't think so. Being happy, being sad, being a jerk, giving a kiss these are all possible because we are just that, just human. A living breathing, breathless ,crying, sobbing, smiling piece of perfect imperfections that make others of our strange kind feel. Feel a greater "something" bigger than all of the other somethings, that's what a just human has the ability to justly do. So don't let today's depression or tomorrows recession break the other parts of you because it is a temporary flux, a part that will eventually realign and make life worth playing out again. That's right, the sadness or madness or unfairness will just fix itself if you will let it. But that doesn't mean we can not do anything. If anything it means do everything! Life will fix life if you take the challenges it lays out in its gauntlet, run with the risks don't let life pass by like some stranger on the street because who knows when Death is the last stranger you will meet. Most of you reading or listening will see the rhyme in that last line but it isn't purposeful it's just coincidence, almost kind of comical honestly. Just think, Death is a stranger until we are introduced, then he or her or it or them or whatever Death gets to be begins and abruptly halts the most intimate relationship we will have with any person or substance. This all comes back to the point! Be just human because in the end Death will shake your hand and say, "You were just human now just be gone." But maybe while we were just human we will have shown a "something" so great that Death will look at the remaining people who are just human and will see the happiness and sadness caused at the same time by us and the thought will cross Death's mind, "Maybe there is more to being human than just being a human," and will feel bad for taking away just another human. But how should I know, I am just human.


© Copyright 2013 Precinct Captain (mtgisu23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1959047-Just-Human