*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1959155-On-the-Run-A-Twisted-Start-Ch1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1959155
Evaleine is born as part of a half-breed tribe, with her ears and tail life is hard.
Note: Sorry the chapters are short.







[Ch. 1.]

Help





Evaleine ran through the dense forest, feet bare scraping against the rough forest ground. Her lavender eyes dilated in great fear. She missed her old life, living with her friends and family calmly, deep in the forest. Now, running away hurt, scared, scarred, and crying. Those people... The ones with the "guns" and odd clothing covering their bodies, which she had thought was just a child's tale to scare the young from getting close to the full humans. They had took her from her home, ran tests on her and her tribe mates, killed lots of her tribe mates as well, and now she could never be normal in this world, where her wolf-like features weren't welcomed.



Now, Evaleine ran, tears streaming down her dirt covered face. Her feet were bruised and scraped, hurting as they hit the rough ground. She clenched her teeth in pain as she carried on before minutes later, crashing to the ground in pain. She laid on the cold autumn forest floor. She closed her eyes, expecting someone from the government to come grab her and return her to that awful place. Another tear slid down her face. She was cut, bruised, and dirty. She was helpless.



Evaleine could hear footsteps approaching her. "This is it..." She thought. She took a deep breath, not knowing what to expect from these people. To her surprise she was gently picked up. She opened her eyes as they quickened their speed she could see a determined look on the boys face. Around 17, a little older than her.

Evaleine studied the young mans features. He had light brown hair, green eyes, tan skin. He looked kind, trust worthy. She smiled slightly but the pain she was in made the smile disappear. She was laid down on a bed. She fell asleep at the warmth and comfort of the soft bed.



When she had awoken the boy was sitting beside her, curiously peering at her. She covered her odd ears with her hands, and shrunk down.

"My name is Erin" the boy told Evaleine. She removed her hands and sat up a bit. "Evaleine" she said quietly. "Nice to meet you." He said and smiled. He looked out the window for a second before looking back at her. "Why were they chasing after you? Why do you have wolf ears and a tail?" He asked. "Oh I'm sorry if I'm asking too much!" He exclaimed.



Evaleine smiled. "Oh no, your alright..." She said. She was silent then sighed. "My people lived not far from here. Over time we became one with the animals around us. Now a cycle repeats of what animal you are to be. Usually those of the bear are chosen as leader. They are very strong and are rare. They appear every four cycles. I am a wolf halfbreed, my mother is a deer halfbreed, my father is a mountain goat halfbreed. Almost everyone in the tribe had the parts of some forest animal. Then they came... The government of yours. They took us and ran tests on us... They killed a lot of my people..." She said quietly. She grabbed his arms. "Please help me get away!" She pleaded sadly.



Erin looked a bit shocked. He closed his eyes and set in what had just happened. Evaleine looked pleadingly into his green eyes. "I promise, I'll help you." He told her, he ran to the closet. He grabbed a few articles of clothing, he thought may fit her. A black hood, grey jeans, and a dark blue shirt. "They may be a little bit big. They don't fit me anymore, but they still look a little big for your size." He said and tossed the cloths to her. "I'll go wait outside until you are finished." Erin stated and walked out.



Evaleine nodded. She got up and tried on the cloths. She wasn't familiar with buttons or zippers. She spent a minute examining the pants. She didn't quite know how to use the zipper or buttons.

Evaleine began to put them on her legs. At that moment, Erin had thought she was finished and walked back in. He started to speak bit paused. His face turned red. "Oh! Sorry! Sorry!" He said. He couldn't help but stare at Evaleine there with with her ears down, sliding the over-sized pants up her bare legs. The shirt she had already put on let him see a bit under her clothing.



"I-I" he stuttered. Evaleine continued putting the clothing on, she looked down at the zipper. She figured out how it was used and zipped the clothing up. The halfbreed girl buttoned the pants and threw the sweatshirt on. Erin still watched. He shook out of it. He walked forward and flipped the hood over her ears. The shy girl looked up into his green eyes. Erin smiled and grabbed her arm. "Let's go in town and see if we can find any of your people." He said.
© Copyright 2013 Jay Heron (xjayzkittlesx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1959155-On-the-Run-A-Twisted-Start-Ch1