*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1959224-The-smiling-demon
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1959224
This is the prologue of a book I am writing. Can you guys help me edit it and polish it?
Prologue: The Smiling Demon



John winced as the brass glanced off of his head. He tried to look cool, calm and collected while also trying to stop the emotion and pain from visibly showing.

"John, please. If you just tell us where he is, the pain WILL stop I promise."

John looked up, eyes full of hate for the tall skinny woman. Her face revealing no emotion, he hated this woman and her overly annoying posh accent. He wanted to show her how much pain HE could cause when he was angry but he just settled for spitting out a wad of blood on the floor.

"Tell us John or..." The woman said, raising the knuckle's up to finish the sentence.

John winced.

"Ok fine I will tell you." He said in one quick breath.

Oh God what am I doing? He thought.

Her unreadable face let out a sliver of a smile.

"Go on John" She said "Make the pain stop."

John took a deep breath. Oh god, I cant do this, he thought, he wouldn't let them take the kid

"He's in a small town called..."

He stopped. Inhaling and Exhaling.

"Where is he John" The woman asked once more through gritted teeth. She was obviously trying to restrain herself from hitting him again.

He smiled.

"Kiss my ass"

CRACK!

That was the sound the brass knuckles made as they slammed into his face. His eyes went wide and he groaned.

"You were assigned to him John."

CRACK!

He absorbed another blow to his face. He felt as well as heard as the bones in his bottom jaw shattered.

"SHIT!" he cried, which of course, just made his jaw hurt a lot more.

"John, just tell us" she said smiling at him.

"Go to hell bitch." He spat in her face. Even that act made his head fill with a
darkness that made him woozy
.
She paused, blinking as she pulled a tissue out of her Italian suit

"Oh, but John" She said, Wiping the mix of blood and saliva from her face.  "We are in hell"

She raised the knuckles so they were inches from his face.

"Or better yet, YOU are."

She raised the brass knuckles and smashed down on his nose, crushing it instantly.

His eyes rolled over but he managed to stay conscious, the stream of blood started flowing from his nose like a broken dam.
He tried to shout curses at this woman but they just came out as barely audible words. She took no notice and just walked around him.

"Tell us John."  She whispered into his ear.

"I'm not afraid of death."

"Oh, John, while there is worse things than death. It's not what we do here and now, it's what we will do after you die..."

His eyes widened as the realization dawned on him. Was this woman really capable of hurting his family?

'No she isn't' He Hoped.

She smashed the knuckles into the back of his head and his vision blurred and then ceased completely. He tried to remain calm but his head was showed in blackness and he couldn't think straight.

"Please John; I'm giving you one last chance." She said as she pulled out her gun. Aiming the point at the center of his pants.

He kept his eyes down and moaned one last sentence
.
"Screw you bitch."

She sighed and fired two shots in rapid succession and he blacked out.












Reporter: 
This is to report, a body of a teenager was found dead floating in the river Torrens today at around 10:00am. Time of death was estimated to be 4 hours beforehand. Authorities believe the cause of the death was murder; the boy was found to have scars, shattered nose and a bottom jaw, as well as two gunshot wounds to the genital area. Anyone that has information on the identity of this young man or his killers is asked to call crime stoppers or see your nearest police station..





© Copyright 2013 surfer33 (surfer33 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1959224-The-smiling-demon