*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1959828-Lipstick-Options-2014
Rated: E · Article · Educational · #1959828
Know what you're buying for maximum effect.
Looking at the aisles of cosmetics at my local drug store, I find it easy to get overwhelmed. It's difficult to buy just red lipstick, like I've always worn. There are so many alluring options, And I never decide until I have looked at everything. My local Walgreen's and CVS have a well-stocked section with current shades and choices of all cosmetics. I could wander around, browsing, for hours. Sometimes, at the end of a season, the stores will clear out the remaining season stock real cheap. I browse the aisles, and read labels regularly.

If you want your lipstick to stay, start with a lip pencil or stain. Several different brands are available, but the type of lip product you want is a stain.

You can wear a stain alone, but I usually add a traditional lipstick in the same color, or a quick swipe of lip balm.

Lip balm will condition your lips. If your lip balm product has any color, it will be very sheer. Check the package to verify you are buying lip balm, if your lips need conditioning, and if you like the wet look of shiny lips. Chap stick is not exactly lip balm, but a similar cousin.

Some women apply their lipstick with a brush. The routine is 1-apply with lip brush, purse your lips, blot with tissue, then reapply color. Perhaps one could do this as routine in the morning, but I prefer to carry a color and a balm or gloss. My purse is heavy enough as is.

If you haven't tried lip stain, or coloring in your lips with a lip pencil, give it a go sometime. It may not be your everyday look, but if you want your luscious red lips to last all evening, do your lipstick planning in advance.
© Copyright 2013 a Sunflower in Texas (patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1959828-Lipstick-Options-2014