*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1960887-Waiting-room
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1960887
Modern day horribleness....at the dentist

Yesterday was a beautiful day, sun shining, birds singing, if I listened hard enough I could hear the flowers following the gentle sun, smiling at their luck.
Then, it ended, it was over, the beauty didn't fade it disappeared. Life became gloomy, scary, even terrifying.
You may think this was because of Halloween, but no.
I found myself in the dentist waiting room.
I consider the dentist a modern day afflicter of pain, excruciating physical and mental pain.
We go to this modern day menace.We lye down on the leather stretcher, willingly, and then he uses stainless steel tools, that look like they have been designed on medieval disembowelment instruments,
He chips away, drills in our mouth, pulling and stretching our gums.
Spit he says.
Spit. Ladies don't spit. Moral outrage rises. You try to smile through your drooling, drugged mouth. But, all you can do is succumb to this unrelenting horribleness.
Then, I look up. Ah it's over. Relief floods through me. Now I can leave, go back to my life away from the horrors of this small space.
My husband walks into the waiting room where I sit.
I ask him if it hurt. He replies that of course it didn't.
I smile at him and we leave the small space, the dentist space.
I will go again, to the dentist.
After all a wife should be there to hold her husbands hand after he's seen the dentist
© Copyright 2013 Felicite (felicite at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1960887-Waiting-room