*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1960969-First-Kill
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Kali
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fantasy · #1960969
Becoming a monster isn't easy, especially when you haven't realized it yet.
         The adrenaline pumped through her veins as she took one last gasp of air before tracking her newfound prey. She took a second glance in the far distance, there it was. Her quartz colored eyes turned amber, as her thirst grew thicker. She had slowed her pace to that of a stunned mouse, the autumn leaves barely emitting a crunch her bare feet.
         “Liana,” she heard someone call her name through a whisper in the wind, “what have you become my child?”
She made a fleeting look towards the direction in which the question came from, but saw no one.
         “What have you become?” the angered voice asked in demand.
There it was again. Liana had become enraged she had shredded all of the bare skin, ripping and tear the muscles, trying her best to not spill or waste any of the precious thick liquid by devouring every ounce.
         “What have you become?”
         “A monster,” Liana asked in defeat as she looked down to the remains of what was a young child.
She hadn’t realized what she had done. Her thirst had been so strong and she was desperate. So desperate that she mangled a small child without any acknowledgment. The voice had no response. Her consciousness had abandoned her and her morals were shattered.
         “How did this happen?” She cried to the wind, “Why me?”
Still she didn’t receive a response.
         “Why did you do this to me?” She screamed at the invisible moon.
         “I didn’t do this.” The voice whispered.
         “Then who did?” She had questioned her self more than the voice
Her journey to find her answers had now begun.
© Copyright 2013 Kali (kalicarter97 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1960969-First-Kill