*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1961467-A-moment-in-Jimmys-life
Rated: 13+ · Article · Cultural · #1961467
A boy getting himself a new family.
A moment in Jimmy's life.

Maya and her husband John had been waiting to welcome the little one for almost a year. Their adoption of the child was finally been granted by the court and were eagerly waiting. A car pulled over their house and they knew it was their first baby inside that car. The little boy came out with Eliza- their attorney- holding her hand, looking nervous. Maya and John were holding each other. They were nervous too but happier to welcome him home.

"Morning, Mr. and Mrs. Brad." Eliza shook their hands but Maya of course could not take her eyes off the little boy who was hiding behind Eliza.
"Hey come, Jimmy" Eliza called the little boy, "say 'HI' to your new Mom and Dad"

Jimmy looked at Eliza with big round innocent eyes. Maya did not know what to make of Jimmy's expression, if it was a happy, sad, or a surprised look. He looked at both John and Maya, slowing coming into the sight, bowed his head low, a gesture for greeting in an Asian way.

Maya walked towards Jimmy, followed by John and opened her arms to hold her new baby. Tears were filled in her eyes, "Welcome home Jimmy" she cried out happily. John gave a warm-firm hold on Jimmy's shoulder and there was no words needed to say that John was as happy as Maya. Eliza knew at that moment that Jimmy would be looked well after. She saw that Jimmy was tensed but smiling at the same time too.

"Well, I shall take my leave then" Eliza said "and congratulations to both of you." She shook their hands once again and kept it all too formal. She wanted to hug Jimmy and say good-bye but could not bring personal feelings into her work. She nodded her head to him, assuring that he would be all right, then got in her car and drove away.

Eliza was fond of Jimmy. After spending almost a year with him, to help Maya and John for their adoptions, had she known the kid a little earlier she would have adopted him herself. That was how much special Jimmy.

Jimmy waved Eliza goodbye hoping he would see her again. She was a nice person he thought. Maya and John were standing behind him waving and smiling.

"Shall we go in then?" John asked Jimmy, holding out his hands to him and his other hand holding his dear wife.
"We have cookies and milk for you," Maya added. Jimmy reciprocally held out his hand to both John and Maya and all three of them walked inside the house.

Jimmy was the luckiest kid at that moment, to have found a family who loved him, even if they were strangers for now. He was ready for a life filled with joyful and yes at times, sad memories, but most of all, share each moment with them and also with that little one inside Maya's womb.


© Copyright 2013 nightly (nightly at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1961467-A-moment-in-Jimmys-life