*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1961886-Teracrys-Sons-of-Gods-Chapter-Two
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1961886
I lived alone in a comfy studio home with a fairly nice view of our local lake...
I lived alone in a comfy studio home with a fairly nice view of our local lake, and also my trusty boxer Mingo, who took to Shai the second she walked through the door. Slightly unsettled at first, probably due to the fact she had never seen a dog before, much less been mauled by an overzealously loving eighty pound pooch. Shai befriended Mingo much to my dismay as he was prone to hateful displays as a norm.

As I worked on our meal I watched the new friends growling, giggling and tumbling in the floor. I realized how stunning Shai actually was. Shai had discarded her cloak, sword and satchel of some sort. Her garments were white, shimmering and minimal. I would have to get her some less revealing, and more fashionable attire, so she wouldn’t draw near the attention she would receive dressed as she currently was.

This girl can eat, I thought to myself as I watched with considerable curiosity. She was apparently quite hungry, much to the consternation of Mingo who had assumed his best statuesque pose for a first hand lesson of puppy dog eyes without result. I think the waning sunlight glistening through the string of drool which was now stretching to record length from Mingo’s mouth caught her attention.

Shai stopped mid-bite on a fried potato with ketchup, and was no doubt observing the relationship which was forming between the dog and the fry. Shai waved the fry back and forth, which Mingo’s eyes tracked relentlessly. She then looked at me, causing Mingo to look at me which broke the drool, and caused me to stop mid-bite on a fried potato, without ketchup of course, thereby putting the dog-fry relationship upon me.

Being a veteran of this situation I took immediate action and flicked the fry to Mingo who used the minimalist approach, and to the delight of Shai, snapped the fry from the air returning instantly to his previous position. That’s my dog. Always gets the last word in.

We retired to the den after a brief outdoor tour and I set about starting a fire in the fireplace. Now Shai was most impressed with the fire. It seems that on her world there is no wood to burn. In fact there is no wood at all, as I came to find out there is no sun or moon and here is where her story begins.

Shai closed her eyes and began the tale of her world, Teracrys.
© Copyright 2013 ToneWolf (tonewolf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1961886-Teracrys-Sons-of-Gods-Chapter-Two