*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1961976-The-Silent-Walk
Rated: E · Short Story · Opinion · #1961976
Just felt like writing
The night was a cold and dark cloak. The chill of the wind slowly swayed through my old calm town. All of the others slept in their houses, unaware of the amazing acts occurring just outside of their cozy bed. They calmly would go about their day working tediously, slowly wearing their minds and bodies away. How tragic it must be for them to not be able to see their accomplishments crumble and be forgotten. I have had to watch this. Once I was like them. I had a family, felt joy, worked hard and had friends. I was once a normal man. but this changed after I died.

It was a nice day. Beautiful weather, the birds were signing and the village was was bustling. It was just another normal summer day in our village. Or so I thought. On that day I was doing a run from our village to the eastern colonies to pick up supplies for the blacksmith. He had ordered some mysterious metals from the Old Capital. That morning I got onto my horse early and approached the trails. While leaving though the burning morning mist, I realized I had forgotten My jacket. I had figured that my current clothes would most likely suffice for the ride ahead and I calmly roe out of town

The Trails were empty for most of the trip. I had passed a few people on their way towards various places for who knows what reasons. There was a little boy who came by running by. He had nothing but the clothes on his back and ran faster than my horse. he did nothing else simply ran. I had to wonder why the boy was rushing off so hastily without a thing for travel.Then I saw the reason. An unusually tall man appeared not far behind them. I stood in his way and asked "Now why are you chasing that boy?" The man said nothing. He simply gave me a grin, a long menacing grin. Then he struck. He lunged forward with a bizarre looking blade and drove it into my heart. within seconds the light in the Forrest began to dull and become surreal, almost as if it were a photo and I was simply observing it.I looked at the man. He released the blade and stepped back, still grinning almost as if he was admiring his work. I tried to strike him but nothing was working in my body. Everything was collapsing in my body as if it was paper.Finally I crumbled down onto the path. the air took a cold chill and I felt everything draining away. I caught one last look of the man as he left. He gave me one final look, then calmly walked away. The last I remember was the look of near joy on his face as he left.

Sevral hours later I awoke. I found myself somehow still alive, but I was covered in my own blood. I decided to take a closer look at the blade. It was a small black blade with a mysterious engraving on it. It Claimed " the latest victim of my blade will carry the burden for those who can no longer do so". on the base there was a small note.
© Copyright 2013 Batcatfishmon (laxbros35 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1961976-The-Silent-Walk