*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1962158-Dusk-Part-2-Twilight-Haters-Ending
by ~Lexii
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1962158
Edward's secret lover of the past comes to fuck up Bella's world.
“Edward, dearest, won’t you introduce me?” she asked smoothly.
         “Yes,” he responded immediately, as if under her spell. “Bella, this is my past-”
         “First,” She corrected him.
         He continued as if never cut off in the first place. “first love, Amelia.” He finished, almost never taking his hungry eyes off of her.
            I couldn’t breathe. My head felt numb and dizzy, my body froze but the heat I was feeling was unbearable. She looked at me for a response, but I couldn’t feel one, I just wanted to faint, wake up, and have this be a sick lie. A lie like Edward must have been telling me if this succubus really is a past lover.
            Alice's voice rang through the still air as she hummed. “Amelia, what a pleasant surprise,” she said.
         The blonde smiled as she stepped into the house to greet Alice. “Oh, yeah, like you didn't see me coming,” she said, hugging her.
         Alice knew a woman of Edward’s past was coming, and she didn’t tell me? The thought spun in my head like everything else.
         Alice called to the rest of of my family, telling them that they had a visitor. Emmet and Jasper emerged from the living room, and stopped wide eyed as Amelia stood there, arms open. Emmet ran up to her and twirled her in the air as she gigged widely.
         “Amelia! I haven't seen you in years!” he yelled, setting her down.
         The love everyone was showing her made my head feel like it was going to explode. The room behind her had become blurry.
         Jasper went over to shake her hand, but Amelia pulled him in to a hug, where he hesitated at first, but then squeezed her tighter than the rest, and tears escaped his eyes.
         “I think Jasper missed you the most, Amelia,” Alice giggled. “Well, except for Edward, of course.”
Edward. My Edward. The one who stood there with wide, unresponsive eyes.
         “Of course,” She responded, still embracing with Jasper. “Jasper was my best friend, I’m sure I missed him just as much.” She squeezed him tighter as she finished her sentence.
         Best friend?
         “Don’t even tell me that’s Amelia!” Yelled Esme, running down the stairs.
            No, not Esme, to...
         “Mother!” Amelia yelled as she embraced MY mother-in-law in a hug.
         “Oh, we missed you so much, dear Amelia,” Esme said, pulling from her but keeping her hands on her shoulder.
         “As I have missed you all. Where’s Rosalie and Charisle?” she asked.
         “I’m right here!” Rosalie ran down the stairs with Renesmee still in hand, as Amelia squealed in delight.
Rosalie swept past me, handing me my daughter, as she jump-hugged Amelia, wrapping her legs around the smiling blonde.
Edward stepped forward, my eyes darted towards him, begging him, trying to reason with him to come to me, to show me some of the love that belongs to me anyways.
He never even glanced towards me. He walked until he was inches from Amelia, whose smile had faded as she faced her body towards his and searched his eyes. He cupped her face with both of his hands, as if making sure she was real.
I looked around, begging someone to say something, to remember Bella, to look unhappy to see her, but they all adoringly watched the two of them, the vixen and my husband, as they searched each other’s eyes, cruelly full of passion and love.
He ran his hand from the side of her face to the back of her head, his fingers playing at her hairline. He forgot about me. They all did.
He pulled her in his arms, and hugged for what seemed like forever, her eyes closed in ecstasy, his open in shock.
They both had tears in their eyes as they pulled from each other, but their arms lingered around each other. She smiled at him sweetly, lovingly.
I felt as if my heart jump-started just to stop again, I grabbed my chest as I collapsed into myself.

Amelia

The brown haired woman fell to the floor. Edward looked over and was already behind her, helping her up, before I could even think of why she’d cause such an scene.
“Amelia?” I shot my head towards mother, who spoke in a warm voice about the unnecessary addition to our family. “This is Bella, Edward’s wife.”
She was being still having trouble standing, even with Edward’s assistance. What a pathetic, helpless vampire, I thought, Edward looked at me, not scolding, but knowing, as if telling me to quiet down my thoughts. I smiled warmly.
“I’m sure you have lots of questions, Ms. Isabella Cullen,” I said with the friendliest voice I could manage. “Perhaps we could catch up over later? I’m in terrible need of a shower.”
She looked at me with more hate than expected, and I tried so hard not to laugh. If only she knew...
Edward looked up at me with question in his eyes as mother put her arm around my shoulder and led me up to the bathroom. Rosalie handed me some clothes of hers to change into afterward.
I thanked her and closed the door, looking in the mirror at myself. I had dirt caked into my skin everywhere, and my shirt was ripped on the side. I slowly undressed, watching the silver scars appear. I traced them all with my fingers, shuddering at the thought of my past.
I took a shower, letting the scum turn the water brown at my feet. I sang loudly, as I always did in the shower, letting the walls echo my melody. I sang happily, a song from my heart, as I used to when I lived here.
         I was out and dressed before I heard the door open behind me.
         “Amelia.”
         “Edward,” I greeted, turning around. I could see he was still unsure of me really being here, unsure of the reality itself.
“Where did you get those scars?” He asked concernedly.
“What scars?”
“The vampire bites. I saw them, as you...” he caught himself mid-sentence.
“As you watched my undress in my own mind?”
“No! I just,” he paused, unsure of himself once again. “didn’t believe you were real, or here, or you. I followed your mind, my head still cloudy from the dust you kicked up, and I saw you unbutton your blouse and trace all your scars. Vampire scars. Bites.”
“I guess it’s a tale for story time,” I said, brushing my hair out. “Which I’m sure we’ll have by the looks of your woman, there.”
He ran towards me and held me against the wall, his body pressed against mine. “She is not my woman,” he growled.
“She is not? She was introduced to me as your wife twice,” I said innocently.
He blinked, unknowing of why he just said that. I smiled, knowing exactly why he did. I’ve come here to take back my family, my life, and my love, and I knew just by that slip up from Edward, I was well on my way, no matter who stands in my way.
Edward slammed his fist in the wall angrily. “She is my woman, forgive my mistake. And stop thinking about her like that. You can’t just come back after running away from the home we welcomed you into and take your spot back. Not after all those years.” He walked back to the door and leaned against the door frame.
“Eighty three, to be exact,” I said to be a smart ass.
“Why did you leave?” he asked, his eyes to the floor.
“You know why I did.”
“No, why did you leave me?” His eyes rose up to mine. “I gave you everything. I wanted my life with you, I thought I was going to wake up to you each morning. I thought you’d tell me before you had any thoughts of running... I thought if anything,” he paused, thinking, his eyes glassy. “we’d run together. When you left,” he blinked, remembering. “I couldn’t think. I couldn’t eat, or walk, I couldn’t do anything. Esme thought I was going to die, I wouldn’t hunt. I just didn’t find meaning in anything anymore. Not without you.”
“You found love,” I reminded him.
“I found Bella, yes. I was drawn to her the first day I met her, she was always different.”
“Different how? I thought she looked different like, special education different,” I joked, twiddling with my hair.
“I can’t read her thoughts,” this struck me as interesting. “Her smell, could you smell her?”
“Sweet. She smelt absolutely delectable.”
He cringed, “Please don’t talk about her like that. But anyways, I tried getting away from her in fear I’d hurt her, but she wouldn’t leave me alone, and figured everything out on her own.”
“So she’s a smart cookie. You did always know how to pick them out,” I said cockily.
“And we had a daughter, Renesmee.”
My eyebrows shot up.
“Yes. Bella was human when we were married. And she got pregnant over our honeymoon, it almost killed her, but we turned her at the last second.”
“I didn’t know that was possible.”
“Me neither,” his voice almost sounding sad, he walked out.
I love that Edward could read my mind. I always have. I used to make him laugh, mid-class, after he arrived at my high school. He seemed a lot brighter, he smiled more, I know that.
I remember when he walked into my old high school in Idaho. He was absolutely stunning, and I remember wanting him more than I have ever wanted any past boyfriend. I followed him while he walked through the halls, I’d sit behind him at class, just so I could watch him. He fascinated me, and I didn’t think he knew I existed at the time. Of course I didn’t know of Edward’s power then, bring just a peppy, outgoing junior absolutely mesmerized by the new kid, so I had no way of knowing he could tell I was always thinking about him. The first time he talked to me, I was doing my normal stalking routine, but he turned around and caught me off guard, me nearly running into him.
“For someone who follows me a lot, you don’t talk much,” his face tucked perfectly into a taunting smirk. My face got unbearably warm quicker than I could even react. “Come on, Amelia, I know you’re not shy,” he said, almost daringly.
“You know my name?” The stupidest thing that could leave my mouth, left. I tried to recover and still look like I had my cool. “I don’t think you ever talked to me before, I mean.”
“I know, I don’t talk to a whole lot of people,” he looked around, checking out the mass of people passing us, as if trying to find someone he liked, and failing. “But for some reason,” his eyes lowered on to me, “you seem very interesting. Almost always lost in thoughts,” he got closer, teasing me. “I’d love to know what those thoughts are.”
As if you didn’t know. I thought to myself, collecting my appearance before walking downstairs. Sitting in the living room, the brunette sat with her child, sitting in her chair awkwardly with Edward so she isn’t facing me. Jasper, Alice, Emmett, mother, Rosalie, and father sat talking.
“It’s good to see you, Amelia,” my father greeted me.
“I can say the same to you, father,” I said cheerfully. I sat in between Jasper and Rose, getting comfortable.
After a brief silence, Alice, as usual, broke the ice. “It’s been so long, Amelia, where have you been?”
“Around,” I smiled. “Here and there, and everywhere.”
“You didn’t travel with anyone else like you?” Asked Rose.
I stood up and lifted my shirt to reveal my scarred stomach. “All the vampires that met me, didn’t like me,” I started laughing, my family looked wide-eyed. It was a bad thing to get bitten once. Getting bit so many times you can’t count the overlapping scars, that’s a big deal.
“Oh my, who hurt you?” asked Esme sincerely.
I smiled more, “Who didn’t? I’ve been chased, tracked down, attacked, ambushed, shot at, you name it. I’d say I have a lot of enemies, but they’re all dead now, so I can’t,” I laughed harder. My family has no idea how strong I’ve become, or what I can do...
“What can you do, Amelia?” Edward asked.
“Good question,” I said, glad someone brought it up. “I’ve learned I have a little ability of my own. It’s nothing special, but it comes in handy when everyone wants to kill you,” I shrugged. They watched me patiently. I closed my eyes, stretching my neck, and let myself go...
My nails grew, along with my hair and teeth. My nails and teeth became razor sharp, my eyes grew turned bright yellow. I opened my eyes, pleased with their fascinated stares, and opened my mouth, revealing more blade-like teeth than one could count.
“How?”
“I’m not sure,” I answered honestly, retracting my nails and teeth. “It’s strange. My teeth and nails can go from insanely sharp and hard to normal in seconds, my hair grows longer, my eyes change color, making me see even in the darkest places. It all takes just a second to go back, well except my hair, which I need to cut time to time again to keep manageable. I call it my ‘beast mode’,” they laughed.
“Why did you leave?” Edward asked, changing the topic.
I sat back down. “I turned into that. It was at first very hard to tame my ‘beast mode’, I couldn’t control when or where it happened, and when it happened, and the rage that comes with it. I became uncontrollable, destroying everything in sight. It was hard to control your instincts, that’s why I grew a lot of enemies. I fled in fear of hurting one of you guys, and traveled by foot ever since. I would change into beast mode and pick fights with anyone in my way, a lot of them being vampires, which I loved. Humans? Nothing. I ripped them to shreds before they knew they were being followed. Vampires? Now, they put up some good fights. Fights I’d always win, but at least a challenge. The more the beast mode took over, the farther I traveled away from home, afraid of returning or one of you guys finding me. It slowly became controllable with time, however. Not just controllable, but easy. And exciting. I went back home in Idaho, but I heard you all left. So, I decided since my old life was already over and I can’t go back, might as well just keep on walking. And just passing through, I heard someone gushing about how good of a doctor Dr. Cullen was, and I had to check the story. And, now I’m here.”
“It’s so cute how you call it ‘beast mode’,” Alice gushed. I winked at her as Bella finally spoke.
“Does it give you more advantages?” She asked, almost sounding threatened. “You said your sight increased,”
“Yes, my sight, hearing, smell, speed, strength. I turn into, well, a beast. I have yet to find an enemy capable of defeating me.”
She turned to Edward, “What about the wolves?”
She really thinks I’ve traveled that far and haven’t come across some mutts? God, how stupid is this girl?!
Edward translated, “Bella, she’s encountered many wolves, they are nothing to her, as she has said.” The hag shrunk back in her seat, pulling the child onto her lap more.
“How many vampires have you taken on at once?” asked Emmet, his arm around Rose.
“I lost count at fifty,” I said with a dark smile. The family was wildly impressed, and I loved it. I felt like a child coming home from a long day at school with a straight A report card.
“Extraordinary,” father murmured, thinking to himself. “Could I see this beast mode later on?”
“Want to run tests on me, father?” I said with a sweet smile. “Why, of course.” He smiled back.
The brunette mumbled something and Edward shot her a stern look and whispered something to her, she obviously wasn’t pleased.
“Come now, Edward, Bella, secrets don’t make friends,” I said teasingly, letting the sweet taste of Edward’s name linger on my tongue.
“Bella feels uncomfortable with you calling Esme and Charisle mother and father. I explained to her that those are the names you have known them by since we took you in, and that you have every right to call them what you please.”
Bella was pissed. That was not something she wanted Edward to say out loud. Do they fight like this often?
Edward shook his head no.
Hag tried to recover from her embarrassing and unwelcome comment, “You guys took her in before she was turned?” Ooh, did I hear jealousy?
“Ms. Isabella,”
“Bella.”
“Yeah, I said that. I did not have a family before this one. My mom died when I was three and my father had become a neglectful alcoholic ever since. Before I left, if you were to ask him my birthday, his response would be, ‘I have a daughter?’ I had a brother, three years older than I. Until he ended his life two years after my mother’s death, of course. I grew up by myself until my family, this family took me as and loved me in a way I have never been loved before.”
“Just as we did you, Bella,” Alice reminded her in her perky, friendly voice. I saw Isabella’s jealously subside a bit, but she didn’t let off her guard.
Isabella tried to make a joke with me, “I bet Rosalie gave you a hard time at first, too, huh?” She said under a nice smile. The family looked around, already knowing the answer.
“Actually, the second I walked in the house, Rose was by my side. Rose and Alice were both everything I’ve ever wanted in sisters and best friends. Same with Emmet, and Jasper, well, besides Edward, I was closest to him in the house.”
“Best friends,” Jasper chimed in delightfully. We smiled at each other.
“Where are you staying, Amelia?” Esme asked kindly.
“Here,” Jasper, Alice, and Rose said immediately. Everyone but Isabella laughed.
“Well, if I’m welcome too. I don’t exactly have a home,” I trailed off.
“Yes you do,” Edward said, his voice deep and serious. “Here. And you will stay here in the family where you belong.”
Rose threw herself on my lap and hugged me. There were smiles all around. Even Bella was forcing a smile on her face. I hope you know what that means, harlot...

***


Mother walked me to my room, just another room in the house with all the basic vampire furniture. No bed, just a couch, a violin, just for me, bookshelves taller than I covered the walls, overspilling with books of all colors and sizes. This is perfect...
“I’m glad you like it,”
“You know how much I love it when you sneak up behind me and fill the silence with that voice of yours, of course responding to something I thought and not said,” I answered Edward, not even looking at him.
He walked over to the couch and motioned towards the violin. “Play it for me.”
My eyes lit up. The violin was my best friend from elementary school until the fateful day they turned me. I used to play for Edward for hours, he loved listening to me. I had this talent where I never needed sheet music, I could just create a melody in my head and play it for the world. Edward loved it about me. I wonder if Isabella has any talent at anything, at all, ever..
“Play, Amelia. Play for me.”
I picked up the violin, running my fingers along the wood, regaining the feel I once forgot.
I lifted the violin under my chin, and music filled the air. I wanted this to break Edward’s heart. I told my life in a song, happy and upbeat at first, then adding a very heavy, romantic tune. Edward closed his eyes and let himself be caressed by music. I let my song build to a peak, and then the tune changes to a dark whirlwind, beautiful but scary. Edward’s eyebrows scrunched together as he listened to the painfully confusing song.
I loved how he got lost in my music. He read the notes I played like words on a book.
I let the music ease up to a more relaxed melody, representing when I finally learned how to control myself. I sat down next to Edward as I played the part where I returned, the notes lingering in the air leaving a heavy smell of lust. I started to ease up, slowing down gradually.
“No, don’t stop,” Edward said. “Please, don’t...” tears fell down his face. He finally opened my eyes and, for a moment, it was armageddon. He stared at me through tear-stained eyes and I froze, cutting off the melody. “Oh, Amelia. Missus Amelia Julianna Cullen,” A numbness shot up my body. Oh, he said it...
He would say that to me when we were together, knowing the effects it has on me. When I let him have me for the first time, oh, the sweet mixture of pain and pleasure, how all my senses were filled with him, the way he tasted...
“Edward, I-” a voice interrupted our moment, I looked over at Bella with her child. “I was, um, wondering if you could help me get Renesmee to sleep...” she trailed off, obviously disturbed by what she was seeing.
“Bella, dearest, come sit and listen to Amelia play. I bet she could play Renesmee to sleep,” he suggested, breaking some of the tension. Isabella eased up a little bit, coming to sit next to Edward. I stood up and played something soft and sweet as Isabella held her child, humming along at times. The child after some playing went limp as her breathing got louder. I ended the piece and Isabella carefully stood up and walked towards the door.
As she walked by, I couldn’t help but notice the delicious smell that wafted past. The child is half human, she has her mother’s blood... Don’t think about it.
Edward shot me a goofy look, wondering what I wasn’t allowing myself to think about.
“Thank you, Amelia,” she said with a friendly smile before exiting.
“She’ll warm up to you, I just know it,” Edward said.
“I don’t want her to. I want her gone,” I mumbled. He looked at me sternly, but said nothing.
And that pleased me.
And he knew it.


***

It’s a little past midnight. Edward had left, and I am alone in my room, lost in a tale about a girl and her two siblings lost in a different universe. I couldn’t help but hear Isabella’s voice rising in and out of hearing range. Curiosity got the best of me, I changed into my beast mode and I could hear them as if I was in the room.
“I don’t believe you,” she was sobbing pathetically.
“Bella, I lied to you because I was trying to forget the past, not because I didn’t want you to know about her,” he explained calmly.
“She is something I should have known about! I thought I was your first! Your only!” She was shrieking.
“You are my only,” he tried comforting her, but Isabella just kept crying. “I don’t understand why this upsets you so much. I understand I should have told you about her, but, Bella, please understand. Her leaving pained me too much to ever want to speak about it, I had no idea she would ever return,” he explained.
“You’re lying!” Her scream woke up Renesmee, I could hear the small footsteps run to her mother. “Just, get out,” she muttered.
The door closed and I heard Edward start down the hall. I quickly returned to my normal state and acted as if I hadn’t heard what just happened.
He walked in, his shoulders slump. “Hey, Amelia.”
“Well, you look down,” I observed.
“I know you heard our argument,” he said bluntly. “Read your mind, remember?”
I smiled sweetly. “How could I forget? I can't keep any secrets from you.”
He sighed, “I wish it was that simple again. I never kept secrets from you, you couldn’t even if you wanted to from me.”
“Well, why did you keep me a secret? I will say Isabella is dramatically overreacting, but I could see why one would be miffed by this.”
“Amelia, I could not bring myself to even speak your name after you left,” he spoke defensively. “You were my best friend, my sidekick, my one and only, my love, my world!” he lowered his voice. “My fiance...” He sat down and thought for a while. When he looked up at me, he chuckled. “What did I tell you about biting your lip?”
I hadn’t noticed I was. “Not to be stingy,” I recited, my stomach getting butterflies at his provocative question.
“When I think about it, I lied to Bella about this more than I thought I did,” he confessed. “I had a whole story about my past,” he chucked, recalling.
“So you really didn’t tell her anything? I was just dropped on her like a bomb,” I said, thinking of a compliment Alice once used to describe me, bombshell-blonde.
“Pretty much,” he ran his hand through his thick hair. “I told her the night of our honeymoon was the best night of my entire existence.”
“Was it?”
“Absolutely not,” he answered quickly. “The night before I turned you was.”
Oh... his hair illuminating from the full moon. “Amelia, I have a confession,” he had said. I remember saying nothing, just playing with his hair while he laid his head on my chest. “I am a creature of the night, a vampire.” I remained silent, but kept twirling my fingers, this news didn’t come as too much of a surprise. I knew some sort of black magic was going on in the Cullen family: they didn’t sleep, they had no beds, their flawlessness. Vampirism can’t be the worst thing a boyfriend’s family has to hide. “Does that scare you?”
“You could never scare me, Edward. I just want to be yours, forever.”
“And you can,” he replied. My heart skipped a beat as he pushed himself off me and disappeared for half a second, just to reappear on one knee. In his outstretched hand held the ring my father stole from me. The one my mother gave to me before she died, a beautiful gold band with a heart shaped diamond, he had fixed and polished it. “Amelia Julianna Goodwin, would you accompany me every single day for the rest of forever, as Missus Amelia Julianna Cullen?”
Waves of numbing heat seeped down my body. I couldn’t find the words to say, so I dumbly nodded my head, my eyes stuck on to his. He stood up, sliding his body against mine. Oh, how I wanted him. I’ve never wanted somebody the way I want him. “Does that mean-”
“I will change you tomorrow, baby. But tonight,” he pulled my closer, resting his lips on my ear, and whispered to me what he wanted to do. My legs almost gave out, I was putty in his hands, melting into anything and everything he wanted.
That was my first. And that was my only.
“And here we are, eighty-three years later. You haven’t been touched in eighty-three years,” he reminded me, standing up.
“Thanks for the reminder,” I grumbled, looking up at him. He stood a lot closer to me than a man with a wife should be, and I wasn’t going to pass up the opportunity. I slid up his body the way he had always done with me, putting my face inches from his.
The door closed.
He grabbed me.
And kissed me.
Oh, he kissed me hard.
But then he pulled away, grabbing on to me hard and pressing his lips to my ear again. “I can’t,” he moaned, but just buried his lips into my neck, making me gasp.
“Edward,” I whispered. He looked at me, the seconds slowed down. It was in his eyes. He was begging, calling, pleading.
“I’ve missed you,” he mouthed. And I, you...
“Say my name.”
“Missus Amelia Cullen.”

Edward

“I love you, Bella,” I reminded her as she led me down to the foyer.
“I’m sorry I got so upset, it just surprised me. I’m ready to talk it out,” she said, trying to sound convincing. She could be being honest, for all I know. I hate that I can’t read her mind...
“Renesmee still asleep?” I asked, sitting on the piano bed, stretching my fingers.
“Yes, sorry I kicked you out for so long.”
“I just played a bit and then showered, don’t worry about it, Bella.”
“I could hear you playing,” she said with a warm smile. “I think it helped get Renesmee to sleep.”
I smiled at her as I started playing some of the keys, not performing a song, but making a few notes. “Do you have any questions about her?”
“A few,” she admitted, sitting next to me on the bench. “Did you have sex with her?”
“Once.”
“While she was human?”
“Yes.”
“Why wouldn’t you with me?” She sounded hurt, but looked curious.
“The same reason I wouldn’t change you until absolutely necessary. I knew that I obviously messed up with her, I didn’t want to mess up with you,” Finally, some truth.
She made that thinking face she would make ever since I met her. Even with she was an awkward, delicious smelling, zit splotched new kid, she would make this face while she was thinking. Her bottom lip trembled a bit and her eyes squint. “Do you still have feelings for her?”
“Don’t ask me a question you don’t want to know the answer to, Bella.”
“Yes, you’re right,” she said, her lips twisting to a frown.
“Nothing different from the connection between Jacob and you,” I reassured her, the sour taste of the lie spreading over my tongue.
“Nothing will go on between you two, right?” She asked, hopefully.
“Bella, you are my wife, need I say more?” I asked with a handsome smile. She smiled, looking convinced.
And I am your fiance.
Oh, Amelia, dear, quiet down your thoughts. Did I not just satisfy you and your ego?
“You seem troubled,” Bella said, concerned.
“It’s just a lot to take in, still.”
“You’re not having second thoughts, are you?”
Don’t lie to her.
“No.”
Liar.
“I believe you, Edward. I want you to know that I do. I won’t let her get in between us if there’s no reason to,” she said with a reassuring smile. I hugged her.
“I love you, Bella.”
Liar.

***


“Where is she?” Amelia asked, putting away A Wrinkle In Time.
“Giving Renesmee her breakfast. She doesn’t suspect anything.”
“I know. Because you’re lying to her more,” she said sharply.
“What do you want me to do?” I asked, frustrated. “I’ve been thinking about this for hours, and I don’t know what to do. I can’t just make her leave after everything, especially with Renesmee. But,” I looked at her and had to reach out and touch her. “I simply cannot stay away from you. I just got you back, I am very conflicted.”
“You would make her leave?” She asked.
“If it weren’t for the circumstances, yes,” I answered honestly. “I feel as if I once lost a very treasured toy, I got a new one to replace it, and now I found that toy again. Not saying you and Bella are toys to me, that’s just the simile that comes to mind.”
“What about last night? What did that mean to you?” She said, approaching me cautiously.
“It meant the days of my marriage with Bella are numbered.” I’ve never lied to Amelia, no need to start now.
She wrapped her arms around my neck, snuggling her head on my chest. “Edward?”
“Missus Goodwin?”
“When can I be yours again?” She asked dreamily.
“I don’t know, I need time.”
“Time for what?” That was Bella’s voice.

Bella

The tears were pressing. “Time for what?” I repeated, their blank stares making me more upset than the way she was holding him. “Edward you just got done telling me this isn’t anything I should worry about,” I reminded him, my voice shaking in anger and hurt.
“And it isn’t,” he replied cooly, letting her go. Amelia started walking towards the door, where I was standing.
“Leaving so soon, vixen?” I spat.
“This seems like a personal problem, nothing I should be in the room for,” she informed me as if I was stupid. As she passed me she growled, “Know your place.”
“Excuse me?” I spun to her, who was now standing in the hall.
“If you don’t now, you will soon,” she said as she flipped her hair and started laughing.
I couldn’t contain myself, I was ready to rip her pretty, little face off that lying, deceiving skull of hers.
Edward grabbed me around my waist, “Don’t, Bella. You are no match for her.”
A heavy, spine-breaking pain shot up my back from hearing those words. “Apparently!” I screamed, having more meaning in that word than Edward wanted.
“Bella, I meant in combat. You are my wife.”
“And what is she, Edward? What is she to you?” I screamed.
         “Nothi-”
         I lost it. “Don’t you lie to me!” I yelled so loud it echoed off the walls.
         “Bella, I can’t deal with you right now.” Edward started losing his cool.
“Deal with me? I’m your wife!”
“Don’t you think I know that, Bella?”
“No, obviously you don’t! You’re supposed to love me and make other girls jealous of me! You’re supposed to be by my side for better or worse! I changed my entire life for you! And now?”
“And now,” he sighed, thinking of what he was going to say. “things have been compromised,”
“Why?!” I screamed.
“Because I am more in love with her than I have ever been with anything else, including you, Bella Swan.”
© Copyright 2013 ~Lexii (lexiilovexox at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1962158-Dusk-Part-2-Twilight-Haters-Ending