*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1962995-The-Romantic-Adventures-of-Nick-Lenny-An
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #1962995
A love Story
The Romantic Adventures of Nick Lenny and Maggie Patrick



One fine cool morning, a man was walking in the woods, that were near his home, as he lived in the countryside, Nick Lenny was his name, he worked at a furniture factory, that was in a city nearby. He arrived at a place, where there was a waterfall flowing, a cute red haired girl was sitting on a flat rock near the waterfall, she seemed familiar to him. She was his girlfriend, Maggie Patrick, she was looking at him, smiling widely. Nick waved at her and she waved back, he started to walk towards her, making funny faces to Maggie, she started to giggle, as she found it funny. In a few moments, Nick was smooching on her cute red full cheeks, and giving her a big bear hug. Maggie rested her head on Nick’s chest, her long, thick and amazing wavy mane, that touched her back right next to where her buttocks were, resting in front of his body. Nick started to play with the mane of Maggie’s, she moaned contently, they could feel each other’s bodies, heat and could hear each other’s heartbeat.



Nick said,



“Hey Maggie girly, how are you my sweetie, we’re meeting after quite some time, where have you been hiding my munchkin, I’ve been calling you for quite some days, tell me where have you been, my bunny.”



Maggie was a Sales Executive and the Security Head of The Girl’s Secret, a garments, cosmetics, beauty, hair styling and spa chain, which had a presence in quite many towns and cities. She had her office right next to the sales floor, at a very strategic place. She could see what the sales girls were doing, from her desk chair. They had installed a security system some months back. Maggie had started as a sales girl some years before, and worked herself slowly and steadily towards the position, that she currently had, it was a roller coaster ride. She had been quite busy these past many days, she had only time for washing herself, eating and sleeping; and some of those days, she slept in the building, in the room next of her office. Meeting and hanging out with friends and family was a luxury that she couldn’t afford, the work was really taxing on her energy and emotions, the fearless task master was fully awake in her. She was a go getter, she knew exactly what she wanted, and how to go and get it, close a deal, she knew how to negotiate her way towards her goal, and make the staff work and get the job done.



Maggie said to Nick,



“Hey Nicky boy, I’m fine, how come you haven’t called me, stopped by my office for coffee and muffins, like you used ti before, or take me with you after work, you naughty boy. I’m gonna spank you, I’ve been wanting to spend time with you for quite some time, what’s your plan for today, can we go out to grab a bite from a local food joint and go to a rock n’ roll gig afterwards. Come on my big sweet man, please say yes, I am telling you or I’ll poke in your tummy till you say yes, I’m going to start poking you in the tummy with my trusted finger, what is it gonna be boy.”



Nick replied,



“Okay Maggie catty! I’ll pick you up after work, you don’t have to use your little paws and tarnish them, you are one cute tough thing. At what time should I come? I have two conditions though, you are coming with me to have breakfast right now, and then you’ll spend the night at our place, we have a lot of catch up to do, we’ll sit on the easy chairs in the back yard and chat; these conditions are non-negotiable. Okay my red headed cat. Now come on let’s go, the breakfast might be ready for us, momma might be waiting for us.”



“Okay your highness, anything else?”



“No my fine lady.”



With that they started off giggling, and started their trek towards Nick’s home, Nick putting his arm around her shoulders and holding her towards him. They were so happy and glad to finally meet each other, after such quite a long time, they couldn’t help themselves but kiss and hug each other.



When they arrived at Nick’s home, Nick’s mother Sophie was waiting for them at the opened front door, still wearing her apron, as she had been busy making breakfast for the family. Sophie hugged and kissed them both, and replied,



“Oh my my! Look who finally came after such a long time, my Maggie darling, how are you and your family, how’s work. Mr. Nick you naughty little goof ball you, you finally brought her home, I’ve been telling you to bring her home for quite some time. Daddy’s off to the Farmer’s Conference, he went out early, he ate before he left. Off you two darlings go, wash up and come to the kitchen, we’ll have breakfast together on the kitchen table. I’ve made a chicken pizza, a peach pie, orange juice and cappuccino coffee. Go on before I smack your backs with my cooking spoon.”



Nick and Maggie went on to Nick’s bed room upstairs, by the stairs, they sat on Nick’s bed, catching their breath. Nick started to play with Maggie’s hair, pinching her shoulders and arms, then tickled at her neck, Maggie squeaked and laughed at the same time.



Maggie said,



“Knock it out boy! You’re driving me crazy, go and take a shower, otherwise our deal is off, you lazy pants, I’m not kidding, I won’t even let you to come to my place. Get ready and let’s go and have breakfast, both of us have to get to work, and you have to drop me off to work, my car is with the mechanic. Okay honey!”



Before hitting the shower, Nick quipped,



“I like to do funny things to you, and watch you react, I love you so much, you are such a cute special thing, I feel great when you squeak and laugh. I’m going to the shower, good golly you are such a firm and resolute little thing. We’ll have breakfast, and we’ll leave for work, anything else your royal cuteness.”



“No my Lord.”



“Great!”



Nick opened the bath room’s door, went inside and closed the door behind him. He turned the music system on, his iPod plugged in, turned on the shower and went straight to the shower, rock music featuring AC/DC, Ozzy Ozbourne and Bob Dylan, filling the atmosphere with nostalgia, of both the bath room and bed room.   



After some moments, Nick came out of the bath room, dressed, still shoeless; smiling and winking at Maggie, sending flying kisses to her, Maggie smiling and blushing. Nick sat on his bed, Maggie combed his hair, showering kisses on his scented back and face, Nick was the most happy and lucky man in the whole wide world, slipping his feet in his sandals. Nick stood up, Maggie placed her head on Nick’s shoulder, Nick kissed her cheek, and hugged her lower back; as they went out the door, down the stairs and went towards the kitchen. Nick’s momma Sophie was waiting for them, in the kitchen, sitting on a stool by the kitchen table, her red floral design apron was hanging on the back of the stool.



Sophie whistled loudly, clapped and winked at Nick and Maggie, as they entered the kitchen, they smiled back nervously, arms in arms, they sat on the stools of the kitchen table, that were near momma. Maggie patted Sophie's hand affectionately, as she was sitting right next to Sophie, Sophie patted back and kissed the hand of Maggie affectionately. Sophie served the breakfast, as Sophie had placed breakfast in the oven, to keep the pizza and pie warm, everything smelled great, it was picture perfect.



Maggie taking a pizza slice and consuming it slowly, said,



“Oh my! This pizza is great, I feel I’m in food heaven, I would like to have this every day of the week. I would like to have the recipe of this divine pizza, the cheese is melting in my mouth, I love cheese. This pizza is great, Sophie dear; if you guys don’t take your share, I’ll devour every last morsel of this pure heaven. Nick eat up, we’re getting late for work; our asses are going to be kicked, if we don’t get to work in time. I’ve almost ended my breakfast, you lazy thing, today is meeting day, I have to be there early, do some last moment preparations. Today we have to judge the productivity of the girls, and the amount of sales, that they have managed to do, today is mayhem day, today there’s going to be heartaches and fights. I don’t like this part of my job, when I have to be the bad and tough guy, I love all the girls, they are hard workers, absolute darlings and good souls, but at the same time, I have to make sure the business is going in the right direction. We are now on the right track, after so much hard work, and as long as I am sitting in my office and watching over, I’m not let it go down, no sir not on my watch.”







I love my job at the furniture factory, it is very artistic and fascinating, there is one problem though, my section head is changing, the current head is leaving the company. A new head is coming soon, maybe in a week, there is some job security issue at hand. I don’t know whether he’ll/she’ll keep us or fire us, change our salary structure or retirement and medical plans, a lot of gossip is going around nowadays. I know one thing, if he/she changes the medical plans, or does some other similar thing, I’ll find another job and quit this job for good.



I’m not going to go through any more bullshit, I’ve had more than my fair share of trifles, troubles and tribulations. They have messed up with my work schedule and over times too many times, I did some extra work some days ago, and they didn’t pay me for it; when I confronted them; they only paid some of it. I like my line of work, I am a carpenter; I have to confess one thing though, I’m finding a new job nowadays, in another factory, a rival furniture factory. I have kept it under wraps, I haven’t told about it to anyone, not even my best buddies. My hard ass boss is going to simultaneously combust, when she comes to about this business, I’m going to enjoy her expressions and reactions, she is a blood sucking bitchy hag. Sandy, my opportunist boss, always takes the credit of other people’s hard work and ideas. I really hate her, I wish I could kick her ass really hard, I’m going to give her a piece of mind personally, right before I leave. Even my Maggie girly doesn’t know it yet, with whom I enjoy a most prized long relationship, stuffed with the ups and downs, she means a world to me, I’ll hear from them, the management of the other factory sometime soon. I have a very strong intuition about it, I’ll get the job, and Maggie will be among the first ones, to know when this transition happens, after my parents and my very cute and sweet baby sisters (I have two of them), it’ll be a surprise.



I’m planning to marry Maggie, and spend the rest of my life, and grow old with her, I know deep inside that she wants to marry me too, but doesn’t say so; she is a shy and meek soul. I plan on asking her to marry me, this evening after work, when I take her to eat out in one of our favourite restaurants, it’s a place where they serve delicious and fresh grilled fare, you can ask the chef to customize the dish you want to have. I’ll pick up a dress and a pair of shoes for her, on my way to work, I’ll give them to her, just before dropping her off, in the parking lot of her work building, gift wrapped and all. I’ll marry her right away, and skip the engagement and the other festivities that happen before the actual wedding day. It’s melancholy and painful, knowing that I’m not married to her yet, she’ll not lie next to me and wake up, in the capacity of my gorgeous, lovely, loving and caring wife, at the moment. 



Nick went to a dressing store, before dropping Maggie off to work, bought a nice crimson shirt, crimson jeans, crimson socks and crimson moccasins, had them gift wrapped, paid for them and headed back to the car.



Maggie, looking at the present and asked,

“Hey Nick baby! Whose present is it, please tell me honey, I’m curious about what’s in it. Tell me sugar cane!”



Nick, smiling a naughty playful smile at Maggie, replied in a husky voice,



“Don’t you worry my darling, sweet sexy mama, you’ll know all about it very soon. It’s a little something, a little surprise for you. You love surprises, don’t you my dear little senorita.”



“Yes I do! Oooo I like the thrill, anticipation and hormones rush I get from them. I’ll wait for this surprise, my darling conquest.”



“Okay great! My darling sweet pea. I’ll give it to you, when we are parked in the parking lot, my beautiful sexy candy floss.”



They were getting closer to the parking lot of The Girl’s Secret, where Maggie worked, Nick dragged Maggie right next to him, so they could feel each other; they nodded at, shook hands and exchanged pleasantries with Betsy. She was the parking lot guard, wearing body armor, and was carrying a FN MAG rifle hanging on her left shoulder, a Glock pistol, hand cuffs and a quite large baton. It was a standard guard kit, and drove to her parking spot, that was allotted to her.



Putting the packet filled with love and romance, that was filling the air on Maggie’s lap, Nick said to Maggie,



“Maggie, be a doll and open this pack right now, I can’t wait to see your reaction, my sweet plum pie, go on you cute thing.”



“Okay Nick, thank you my sweet bear!”

With that Maggie tore down the packing of the package, simply shredded it to bits, she gazed lovingly at Nick. She was taken in awe, she simply loved her gift, she was thinking about having them for some time.



“Thank you my darling! I simply love them, I have been wanting to have them, how did you know I wanted them, sweetie.”

“I happen to know it, my strawberry cup cake, because I love you, and know what you like and want to have. I have a dirty little confession to make, I was looking right at you, when you were eyeing at them some days back. I could make out clearly that you liked them and wanted them, but you couldn’t, because you didn’t have enough money on you, and you had forgot your credit card, at home or work.”



“Oh my sweet lord! The mystery is finally solved, so you were the mystery stalker, who was following me, you know that you a crazy thing, you scared my shitless. I could feel your presence piercing me, I could get glances of you, but couldn’t work out who you were. I think it was primarily because of the hooded red shirt and green sun glasses, you looked like an undercover agent or a spotter of some sort. Come here you sexy one, you owe me a kiss and a hug, give it to me baby, if you want to be forgiven and be off the hook.”



They kissed, hugged and bade adieu to each other, and went their ways, Maggie went inside and Nick left.







Maggie entered the building, heading straight for her office, after being tender and mushy with Nick. All of the clothes, were neatly tucked away under her right armpit and the pair of shoes in her left hand. Every item that Nick gave, was in her grasp, literally. No one came in her way, as everyone was busy with their work, at his/her station. They were so engrossed in their work, that they even didn’t knew that Maggie had arrived in the building, and had walked past them, not even her throat clearing managed to move any head, not even one.



Maggie finally arrived at the door of her office, her fortress, her home away from home. She managed to swipe her key card, open the door lock, turn the knob of the door, enter the room, put her luggage on a sofa, beside the door, and turned on the lighting and heating of her office. Her desktop computer, security and surveillance equipment was already on, they were only turned off once a month for maintenance work. Maggie’s office and the security office were connected to a fully secure encrypted server, had alternate power supply arrangements installed, in case of emergencies, her equipment was connected with four 8,000 hp (horse power) generators and electricity was supplied by six different power supply companies, coupled with many fail-safe features. It was a pretty good self-sustained system for the equipment, that was sitting in her office and the security office. Even if the electricity went off of the rest of the building, her equipment would continue to do its job, even if only one power supply of her office was functional. They also had dedicated phone land lines and internet cables. She wore her security head jacket, which was bullet proof, and went off to see her security staff. She wanted to know what they were up to, and take those security reports and parking lot ledgers, that she wanted on her desk yesterday, before her very important meeting, which was scheduled for later in the day. She was greeted with handshakes and hellos, as she entered the security office; everyone was sitting on their seats, looking at the security monitors, except Betsy and two other girls, who were stationed outside, everyone was having their breakfast and chatting with each other.

   

Maggie patted a security officer, who was sitting right next to the door, on the head, the man looked up, seeing it was Maggie, give her a grin and a high five.



“Hey brother Matt, what’s up, how is everything, do you guys have any problem, some crazy person maybe, or a hyperactive and eccentric customer, or those blasted, pain in the ass spies from other stores, who pose as customers, and try to get their dirty paws on something that doesn’t belong to them, tell me.”



Matt replied,



“We got two robbers, one of them was a strangler, he tried to kill Betsy by strangling her, who resisted them, after they somehow broke in. They came to steal some of our products and the money, that was sitting in our vault, they are in the custody of the local police. We, the security staff collectively pressed charges of robbery, assault and attempted murder against them, I think they’ll do some serious time in jail. And a rowdy gentleman, in a big cowboy hat and crimson sunglasses, tried to harass the sales staff, so they would do a discount on some lotions and lipsticks he had bought for his girlfriend, we called the police, four burly cops came, and they ordered him to leave the premises, otherwise all is well.”



Maggie said,



“You guys sure had a thrill packed action adventure going on here, thank god Betsy is okay, I wonder what we would do without her. She’s such a kind, gentle and friendly soul, happy, positive and chirpy all of the time, so much energy no matter how long the shift maybe; she is truly one of a kind girl.”



“Maggie dear, we were and still are glad, that Betsy is fine, she is a goof ball of the group. She’s very caring and fun to be around, she can be damn tough, when she has to be, she’s a strong gal with a great heart. She knows how to get the job done, one needs to know this, for a fact, we all ran to her aid, and stormed in there, firing warning shots. I felt adrenaline pumping in my system, I felt high, I felt as if was still in the British Royal Marines. We got Betsy on her feet, over-powered those clowns, hand-cuffed them, took them to the detention cells, called in the police, and waited for them to come. I was elated that Betsy darling was fine, except for the cuts and bruises on her arms and legs, and a shard of glass poking in her right thigh, you may have noticed the bandages. The cops came, they tased that couple of hardened fruit cakes, gave back our cuffs, put them in a prison van, listened to our story and went away. You should have seen the expressions on those sorry asses, when we stormed in and took them; as if something big had fallen on them, their faces, movements and expressions were quiet comic, how they bumped into each other.”



“Matt can you hand me those security reports and parking lot ledgers, that I asked you to give me, why haven’t you given them to me, you smarty pants. You have delayed the process of compiling them, that I have to do, the meeting I talked about is today. I have to process them, and consolidate all of the data and summarize everything before the meeting. One more thing on a very serious note, and it’s for everyone in the security team, don’t quarrel with each other, it reflects badly on us. I don’t want lame school girl stories, I’m sick of them, zip it or I’ll break it. I’ll kick your sorry asses outside the door for good myself, shape up or ship out. You will regret when I’m through with you. That will be all, adieu.”



Maggie headed for the office, with the hard covered folders in her hands, she hated when she had to do things, in the last moments, because of someone else. Not after all the hard work she had done, taking many body aching hours to complete the work, she was in a frantic panic mode. Only two hours were left in the meeting, apart from the paper work, she had to style her long lustrous hair and do makeup, before going to the meeting hall. She decided that she would wear the things Nick had given her today, firstly she loved them, and secondly she had to wear them to her date with Nick afterwards, she might as well wear them now.



Maggie locked her office’s door, after she got in, took a quick shower and shampooed her thick and long red hair, and blow dried her hair in her bath room. She was ready in twenty minutes, her hair dried pretty quick, especially under a blow drier.



Just as she settled down, a message came on her Twitter and Facebook accounts, on her Smartphone, that the meeting was postponed by an hour. As some members of the Board of Directors, would be a little late, some were stuck on the road, and the flight of some were delayed a little. It was a good news and a relief for her, it meant that she had some extra time to prepare for the meeting.



She announced on the intercom, to all of the sales girls, that they better get their sales reports ready, and be in the meeting hall. They should be present, when the meeting starts, things would go against them, if they were absent, the moment of truth had arrived. Anyone who’s performance wasn’t good, was going home for good, they would be fired at the spot. The fired person would leave the premises immediately, after getting their personal things and money, that were owed to them, from the accounts department; her decision would be final and binding, as she also hired the staff.



After that, she dived head first in her office work, that was sitting on her table, after an intense labour of fifty minutes, the work was complete. Maggie had printouts of her work in front of her; her assistant Benny Margeret put the printouts in a file, put some files that needed to be signed by Maggie. Benny told Maggie that Roxanne Tiffany, the owner of the chain might also come in the meeting. Maggie nodded and asked Bennie to put some makeup on her face and nail polish on her nails, and then do the same to herself. 

       

The rest of the day was quite eventful, the meeting went good, the news Bennie gave Maggie was right, Roxanne did come, with her assistant, the chief accounts officer and the company manager. The entire Board of Directors, was present, the sales teams from all of their stores were present, all of the files were piled on a side table, near the main door. Everyone was happy and nervous at the same time, it was a complicated feeling. The fate of the sales staff was at stake, it was hanging on a very thin thread, it could break or run loose at any given moment.



At the end of the meeting, however, three sales girls and two sales-in-charge got fired, were given their pay checks, were ordered to get to their stores, get their things and leave immediately. Their names were stricken from the employees roll. Five other members of the sales staff got an official warning, to either shape up, get their act together, get their sales reports up, or ship out. There was no room for sloppy, inefficient and bad mannered staff. The fired staff leaved immediately, they were sad, two of them were actually crying. Maggie had done this deed of firing and giving warnings, to the sales staff, she left immediately and abruptly after that, without talking to anyone, just nodding to everyone and left for her office, she needed to get some things done before calling it a day, and leaving with Nick. She went to the in-house restaurant, had a meal of chicken pie, ate a muffin, had a strawberry milkshake and went straight to her office.





   

At the factory where Nick worked, it was a different story. He got a phone call from the rival furniture company, the girl he was in contact with, said that it would be an honour and privilege to have someone of his credentials, skills and record, to work for them. He could start to work from the very next day. He got in a fight with a co-worker, he told her to get a life and leave his section at once, as she was about to take a section of wood away, on which he was working since the day before. He was a hard worker, and got disturbed, if anyone touched his tools or wood he was working on. As the fight escalated, he called his supervisor, asked him to ask the girl to leave his factory section, she defied his friendly warning. When the supervisor couldn’t do much, he served a resignation letter, that he had in his pocket, to the supervisor.



Nick just took his tools and things, packed them up; took a shower, put on the change of clothes, that he had brought with him, and left the factory without talking to anyone. He called the girl from the rival furniture company, told her that he would join and start work from the very next day. He went straight to Maggie, as it was about time Maggie’s office time ended. Nick thought that Maggie might be waiting for him, to pick her up, he would take her on the date. He would propose her to marry him, break the news of his new job, go to a music gig, and take her home afterwards.



Just as Nick had thought, Maggie was ready, she had donned the crimson clothes and shoes; had done her makeup. Her hair was hanging freely down on her cute back, with a few freshly done crimson highlights, like a long and wide free flowing sheet; of purely velvety, thick and fluffy beautiful tresses, beauty and serenity personified. 



Nick entered the store, to find Maggie talking with some sales girls; Nick said hello and shook hands with all of the staff present. Maggie saw Nick with those beautiful green eyes, that full of love for him, batting her eyelashes; the way she looked at him, walked and talked completely blew him away. He stood still and kept on glancing at her, like there was a spiritual connection, glimpses of nirvana; that was taking place. At those very moment, they smiled, caressed and hugged each other, everyone present clapped and whistled at them, egging them on.



Nick said in a husky voice,



“Hey M, my darling sugar mama, you’re looking great in these clothes and shoes. Honey I see you are ready to go out on our date, let’s head out; before we go out I wanted to know what became of your car, when will you get your car back from the mechanic? I have resigned from my old job and got a new job, I’ll join and start work with them tomorrow. Okay my cutest cat!”



“Okay! Let’s go my darling boy, I will get my car the day after tomorrow, thanks for asking. It’s a pleasant surprise for little old me, about your new job. Wow! My cute muffin got a new job, the previous company were a major pain in the ass, a bunch of greedy and abusive goons, you finally got them off your back. I didn’t like that owner, a kick in her butt would have worked wonders, when she was young, a spoilt brat, that Sandy rude lady. She was beyond explanation, the definition of a pure trouble magnet, a thorn and an unpleasant personality, I’m happy for you my dear!”



They went outside the building, arm in arm, smiling at each other, in anticipation of what was about to happen, from those moments till the following morning. They were headed to their date, at a restaurant they both loved. They were in for a treat, the chief chef, who was also the owner of the place; had prepared a great steaming feast, just for the two of them. They reached the parking lot, met Betsy; said hello, exchanged pleasantries, got in the front seats, not leaving each other’s side, not for even the blink of the eyes. Nick dragged Maggie next to him, gave her a big bear hug with his right arm, and sped away leaving for the restaurant, stopping by a flower shop on their way.







They were received by their mutual friend, the restaurant owner, as they entered the main entrance, Spanish guitar music playing in the background. He said hello to them, shook hands and hugged the both of them, and escorting them to their table, which was in a beautiful secluded booth in the corner of the dining hall, facing the front big picture windows of the restaurant. The view was breath taking, looking down on the beach, The Marina, in one corner and The Fisherman’s Wharf, on the other side. They could also see The Farmer’s Market, hustling and bustling with people; at some distance, they could see their favourite stall, the strawberries stall, and could see their friend Ed, the farmer that owned the stall. He was wearing his red apron as usual, his favourite colour and smiling at, and giving samples, to his customers and the people passing by.



Maggie grabbed Nick’s face, kissing and smooching Nick on his cheek four times, sending bolts of electricity and butterflies through his body; he reached for her soft and luxuriant locks, that were like a carpet of rubies. Nick rubbed Maggie’s hair gently, planting his hands deep in her hair, next to her scalp, rubbing her hair and scalp, holding her nape in place. Nick returned the favour, giving her heavy weight, hard core kisses and smooches. These kisses sent goose bumps through her body, shaking her whole body, down to her core, in a good and pleasant way.



Nick started playing with and combing Maggie’s beautiful crown jewel, her long, wavy and thick insane Ruby Red mane. Maggie felt like princess in a palace, and Nick was her prince, in shining armour, as she surely was a cute princess, with a heart of gold. Nick touched Maggie’s hair, played with them and kissed them softly and repeatedly, rubbing his face on her face and upper body; hugging her tightly and shaking her, making her giggle and laugh; as she found it funny, the things he was doing to her.



Maggie, always felt great, when she got this kind of attention from her Nick boy; she felt unique, what they both had, the love, affection and togetherness was one of a kind. Both of them accepted and realized this fact, that true love was hard to find. True love was a special thing that needed to be constantly worked on, cherished, nurtured and safeguarded, before it was gone and became history. Words and actions were important, were all that mattered at the end of the day; one needed to concentrate on the things at hand; what others said was trivial, of little or no consequence.



Plates of food started to come, the entire fare, that was offered in generous portions, was a favourite of the both of them, meatloaves of chicken and beef. The meatloaves were topped with thick delicious tomato sauce with turkey drumsticks, with an assortment of six sauces and French bread smothered in loads of cheese and mayonnaise. It was a wonderful and hearty feast for the both of them, fit for royalty; they smiled as they eyed the feast, as a kid smiles as he/she eyes a cone of ice-cream. A big jug of Pina Colada followed soon after, they both drank it in a few moments. After they had their food and Pina Colada, a mango pie came to their table and they levelled it. Nick brought out a ring from a pocket, opened it in front of her, gave her and proposed her to marry him, she said yes, kissed him and hugged him.



Just as the couple came out of the restaurant, Maggie’s phone rang, it was from her office. The management and security staff needed her right away, as it was some important business that wanted her attention, something had happened and couldn’t wait till the morning. Maggie told Nick about the phone call, asked him to take her to the office right away. Nick should wait for her in the waiting area of the building, and that they would go to his home afterwards. Maggie was wondering what had happened, she was nervous, had a strong over-powering uneasy feeling, of what had possibly happened of such importance, that had to be resolved right now, and couldn’t wait till morning.



A robbery had taken place again, in their warehouse by three people this time of the same gang, that the security force had arrested, and had handed over to the local police. They had been robbed of a considerable portion of the stock, after the robbers had sent the loot away, and were about to leave, were caught by the security staff; that was about to be offered for sale, in about roughly 24 hours. The thing that made everything worse for Maggie, was the fact that she was not told about what had happened at the store; she hoped and prayed that no one was in danger or got hurt, in any way. The management and security force concurred on the fact, that there was a traitor, an informant, a snitch, that was tipping off and giving vital information to the gang. It was a matter of finding out who he/she was, and dealing with him/her decisively, with an iron fist. There was no room, for this kind of seriously corrupt practices, in their organization, there was no room for such people. They would collectively press charges against the person. They would also make sure, that the person would pay dearly, not just loose his/her job, for the treachery that had happened. They had a vague idea of who that might be, someone who was close to Maggie, it was either Benny her assistant, or Shauna a sales girl, someone Maggie liked. They also had security cameras footages and the logs of the entry and exit of all of the staff. They were among the very few people, who had the key-cards, and vital information about them, both as a store and as an organization.

As Maggie and Nick entered the building, Maggie was escorted to the meeting hall, where everyone was present, some people were sitting on the sofas and some were sitting on the chairs. Bennie was quiet and seated all alone, in one corner of the room, something that wasn’t commonplace for her, for someone who liked to chat with everyone. Maggie went straight to her, patted her cheeks and asked,



“Hey Bennie doll, what happened, you look sad, what happened here honey, no one’s telling me anything, tell me I’m worried, everyone is so sombre. Don’t be sad, cheer up my cute little bunny, my darling sister, my sweet little plum.”



Bennie replied,



“There has been one more robbery Maggie, by the same wretched gang, that robbed us before. We have the footage, of all of the security cameras, and the log of entry and exit of everyone, complete with security key-card numbers, dates and times. We think that it is an inside job, someone amongst us, has been tipping off those bastards. We wanted you to see and hear all about this disturbing affair, and help us to reach a conclusion as who that person might be. We have decided to deal with the person with an iron fist, we’re going to collectively press charges on him/her, not only will that person lose the job, but will also do serious jail time. Espionage, accomplice to the gang, being an agent to them, will surely attract a good sentence. We have called our legal team, they will be here at any moment, things are getting serious, we must control this thing, it is getting out of our hands. The security staff have apprehended the robbers, and handed over them to the cops, they would be in a cell by now.”



After Maggie stopped talking to Bennie, Bennie rested her cheeks in her hands, broke down and started crying and wailing at the top of her voice, Maggie hugged, kissed her head and consoled her, like a sister would. Maggie rubbed Bennie’s face, both arms and back lovingly, telling her they, along with everything would be okay.



Bennie nodded to Maggie in agreement, but kept on crying, overcome with so much of raw emotions. These emotions had shaken her to her roots, from the simply horrific chain of events, that had taken place, in the last few days. Just then Matt, the security officer, came in with a notebook computer in his hands. He connected his computer to the big screen in front of them, and played the recorded footage of the moments before, during and after the robbery took place. A girl talking to someone on the phone, then strolled around, as if waiting for someone or something to come. A truck coming to the loading/unloading area of the warehouse, a big shutter opening. The same girl that did the phone call was standing there, shook hands with the robbers, there were six of them. Three of them disembarked outside, and stood guard with M4 Assault Rifles, in their hands, all of the robbers wore blue masks, and motioned the truck to come inside. This was the reason, why the previous robbery, was so text book perfect, there was no sign of breaking in or forced entry, someone opened the doors for them, the mystery was finally solved.



Everyone was taken aback, in utter bewilderment, as Matt froze the frame of the video, in which the girl was standing, after opening the shutter. She was visible, in the light of the spot lights outside, Matt first enhanced the image, then enhanced further the girls upper body, viola it was that wretched bitch and hag Shauna all along. It was a jaw dropper for everyone, Shauna was worried that her cover was blown to bits. Everyone eyed her with disgust, stood up and started to walk towards her, as she was sitting some distance away, near Maggie. What happened next, instilled horror in everyone, Shauna took out a black Glock pistol, and placed the muzzle on Maggie’s head, Shauna said,

“Why don’t all of you bastards and bitches sit down on your seats, don’t try anything stupid, I am prepared to shoot with my pistol, hey you little hag sit down before I turn you in a body bag. I’m an excellent marksman, ex-French Foreign Legion, I’ll mow you down, I’ll tell you what kind of a person I am. Mind you, I have gang and mafia ties, my friends will pay visits to all of your families and friends, and what they’ll do after that, I think you get the picture. I’ll leave everything else to your imagination, as to what I and my friends are capable of doing.”



After that she unbuttoned her shirt, showing her French Foreign Legion tattoo on her tummy to everyone, after buttoning her shirt, still pointing her pointing her pistol towards everyone present though, called her friends,



“Hey Mark, what’s up my friend, I’m fine thank you. I need all of you, my crew, to come here armed, get your rifles, knives and handguns and come here right now, keep moving. Tell Barbara to come along with you guys, with her hardware. At what time will you guys be here? Great, see you guys in twenty minutes, man twenty minutes means twenty minutes, not half an hour you lazy pants, don’t forget to wear your armour, okay bye.”



Shauna took out a Kevlar Vest and body armour from her bag, and put them on in minutes and strapping them in place. In a matter of twenty-five minutes, her now armed crew entered the meeting hall confidently undetected, with no problem, as if they knew the entire plan of the building by heart, bolting every door and window shut. What these criminals didn’t know, at that point, was that the local police and rest of the security staff had been notified by Matt, the security second-in-command. The security team had put their armour suits and helmets on and were closing in, they were nearing the hall in which most of the people were present, police cars and vans were speeding towards the building. The criminals shook hands and exchanged pleasantries with Shauna, Shauna greeted all of them with smiles and a pat on the back.



Shauna said to her crew, pointing towards Maggie and Matt,



“Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for coming in on such a short notice, your actions will not be forgotten by the organization. Please make a mental note, if anyone especially Maggie and Matt over here even try to move, I want you guys to mow them down with your fire power. Anything sneezes dies, anything breathes dies, anything that moves is a target, that needs be shot down, put out of commission. Matt is a sneaky one, he’s ex-British Royal Marines, give extra care to him, that will be all.”



Everyone of the crew nodded affirmatively to Shauna, conveying to her that they understood her, and had their co-operation. Mark moved right next to Matt, placing the muzzle of his MP5 Rifle on his head, after turning the safety off his rifle, and placing his finger on the trigger.



A knock was heard, someone was knocking the door, the criminals trained their guns towards the door, in an attack stance. Shauna motioned to Mark and the rest of the crew to go to the door, Shauna motioned to Mark to answer the door, after concealing his gun. Just as Mark opened the door, Nick along with the security staff and police, kicked the double door wide open, and stormed in the hall. Shauna and Barbara opened fire frantically, they were over-powered, un-armed and pinned to the floor, by the leather boots, thankfully no one got seriously injured. All of the criminals were arrested, hand-cuffed, loaded in the prison van and taken to the station, to be locked up. Everyone in the meeting hall was elated, shook hands, hugged each other and went home. Maggie went with Nick to his home that, Nick picking her up in his arms, showering kisses on her and calming her down. Nick and Maggie got married a week later, went to the honey moon, and started a very happy married life.





THE END
© Copyright 2013 Creative Riz (rizwansandhu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1962995-The-Romantic-Adventures-of-Nick-Lenny-An