*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1963372-Paris-and-Lockheart
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Kate
Rated: E · Fiction · Folklore · #1963372
Evelyn Lockart a famous 1950’s jazz dancer disappeared in 1954 , Paris now must find her.
Prologue

“Evelyn Cora Lockhart was the most famous women in the decade of 1954 , her legancy lives on through me . My name is Paris Cassidy to tell you my story I must first tell you Evelyns”.

I remember I was 10 when my mother first showed me Evelyn Lockhart , the grace that women had a 20 year old jazz dancer from new Orleans . I remember turning to my mother and saying “one day il be like her “ my mother smiled and patted my head but didn’t say anything I vowed I would be a jazz dancer like Miss Lockhart it would be a long time till that came true.

Chapter 1 – from Paris with love .

I felt anxious as the train began to depart from Chicago union station , at 8pm in the evening the last overnight train to New Orleans began its 20 hour journey to the heart of Jazz. As I let the bright lights of Chicago pass me by, I wondered how my counter part must be feeling , the woman who's past i had come all this way to uncover . Miss Evelyn Lockhart the woman who had disappeared in 1954 , the jazz dancer who some say vanished into thin air a little before her 21st birthday. But as I lay my head back and raise a glass of pink champagne to my lips I relize first class was an excellent choice . Playing with my super soft midnight black hair , cut short like hers always was . I release the glass from my lip and admire the deep red lip stain which rests on the side of it. as i watch the passengers laugh and talk in the lounge i remember how uncomplicated my life was before i discovered her and with that i glance out of the mirrored windows at the silver stars as they glisten through the glass .

the room was covered in exquisite lights rimmed with gold , a sophisticated decor of luxury a rich look into how people used to live . I cant deny it cost me a bomb but i knew they'd be searching for me on the less up market trains . After all i was Paris Cassidy the famous Jazz dancer , the name on everyones lips . The women who had every chance in the world to make her dreams come true ...and what was i doing . Hiding , running away from the same people who had hounded Evelyn all those years ago . So i thought it turns out i was very wrong, i wasn't being hounded i was being led to a fate much more deadly then i ever imagined i would discover what happened to Evelyn but it would cost me everything i had .






© Copyright 2013 Kate (kittykatkate at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1963372-Paris-and-Lockheart