*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1963765-Who-What-When-and-Where
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Novel · Drama · #1963765
I invite you with me as I figure out the logistics of my life. Buckle your seatbelt chile
We all have a passion in life. I know what mine is. I want to be a rapper more than anything. I wake up in the morning thinking about it and close my eyes dreaming about it. Its a good dream and I could see it happening. I do everything in my power to make it happen. I write raps in my spare time, I record for my friends, I even make my own beats. The only thing that's stopping me is myself. I want it to come true, but I don't believe it will. I mean everybody has a dream, but is it going to come true for all of them? the probability that all of them will get everything they live for is very slim. I don't want to be 80 and still trying to chase a dream. I want to just give up and think of a more steady career, but every time I try to leave rap alone and try something else, my mind gets stuck on it. I also write my best rhymes when I'm on the verge of quitting. I'm young so I have nothing but time but I want to figure out where I'm headed in this world. Do you want to take this journey with me? Maybe it will help you with your own journey.

I knew that it was my calling ever since I was three. I sat there with my brother and saw his love for it. I saw how it could change his whole mood in a split second. I wanted that. I wanted to connect with him and show him that I could do it too and be just like him. He left soon after I decided that, he wasn't there to guide me, but I decided to take it into my own hands. I knew when he got back he would be honored and glad that I wanted to follow in his footsteps. It was his dream first, but he knew what I know now, Its not promised. He couldn't just put his life on hold waiting for something that may not happen. He had to go out there and get what he needed the only way he knew how. I wanted to make this common dream come true for both of us. Is that the reason I cant let go of it? I saw him for the first time in a while this summer and I rapped for him. he was shocked, and I was just trying to keep myself from crying. he said I had talent, he said I can't believe you stuck with it and put all this time into it. My mom told him I'm always rapping and that I spent many nights crying because I wanted it so much. She said I reminded her of him when he was younger. How was I so connected with someone I could count the times I seen them on my hands and toes? That dream and the hustle to make it come true is what connected us.

I've always respected people that hustle for they're own dream. Some people just sit around and wait for something to be handed to them. I couldn't do that, I had to study, grind, and spend many sleepless nights to even get close to even having a possibility of achieving my goal. People that have that in common come few and far between, especially where I live. My mama moved me from the hood, to the suburbs. I think she thinks I have a better chance here, but everything she wants to keep me away from are the things I gravitate towards. The only other people that understood my grind lived in the hood or came from there. That's how I met T. His mom was just like mine, she wanted him to have a better chance in life and she knew that wasn't happening in the heart of Atlanta, one of the most dangerous cities in the United States.
© Copyright 2013 poetrylove (shaunab at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1963765-Who-What-When-and-Where