*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1964659-Untitled
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1964659
This is the first part to a story that I have been working on for a few months now
The evening stars shone over head, the woods laid quiet as a stone. In a meadow there sat a cottage with dim fire light flowing through the windows. Movement could be seen inside, the shadowy figures moved quickly across the glass, a scream of pain shot out through the night followed by the cries if a newborn baby.


" This is the child" a soft voice spoke," I have waited for a very long time for this moment." The she elf wrapped the baby up in swaddling cloth and walked over the tired mother. As elf sat down on the feather bed, her movement was graceful as she passed the child to her.


"Malarida what do you mean that our daughter is the child?" the mother asked. Her confusion was apparent on her face as she looked to the elf and her husband that stood beside the elf.


" It has been foretold by my people that a child will be born when the moon shines violet that will bring balance to this realm through the magic of frost and fire. Your child is destined to bring down the evil that has taken so many land my dear Marisa." Malarida put her hand on Marisa's cheek." I can feel the energy flowing within her, but you know that if I can the other can as well."


"Who else could possibly know about our daughter?" the man spoke with worry in his voice. The couple had told very few people of the expected birth and those that had been told were ones that they had trusted.


"Dain I think we both know that this isn't a matter of someone spread the word of her.". Marisa looked to her husband. She knew who the elf queen was speaking of. Far to the south a disease of power and evil had begun to spread under the rule of Desomon an dark elf that had been cast out of the Dire land for her cruelty and thirst for absolute power over all. For the two hundred years she waged war on the surrounding realms, bringing them under her rule. The free people resisted as much as they could but one by one they began to fall and the land began to change around her. A once beautiful and prosperous land turned to dust and ash.


"Malarida will we do what ever is need to protect our child." Dain was frightened for his family.


"I will do what I can for her." Malarida reached and touched the baby's tender cheek." But it will come at a cost for the both of you."


The couple looked over at each other and both nodded with approval. All that mattered was keeping their precious daughter safe at whatever cost. As the evening wore on, plans began to form between the three of them to keep the child secret from those who would destroy her.


On the same evening, far to south in a lavish bedchamber, a woman awoke with a pain that she had never felt before. She screamed out in agony as the piercing invaded her body. A man rushed through the doors just in time to catch her falling out of bed. Both of them fell and he held her as the pain began to pass. Out of breath and crying, the woman looked to him. "The one thing I have feared the most is now upon us, Alouse."


"What shall we do?" he replied.


"Everything we can."



© Copyright 2013 Oktober Stephens (oktober at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1964659-Untitled