*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1965004-One-Stop-Thats-All
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1965004
This short story is about a girl who was given a mission to make one guy understand.
One Stop, That’s All


“How could you!”

It was selfish, I know I shouldn’t have said anything! It was like this black feeling came over me, and I wanted so badly to hurt him. It wasn’t his fault you know? He didn’t ask for it, and neither did I.. It’s like when you wait your whole life to get your one shot, and somebody comes in and steals it. That’s what happened to me. He did it, it was all his fault! If only he had stayed away, none of this would have happened.

He told me he cared, he did! He lied to me though… It was all about him getting ahead in his career, he never really cared. What a liar! He makes me so mad now! I thought he was different, so many times he told me he would stand by me… and he never did. He started the game… I just finished it. He got what he deserved! I know you would do the same… wouldn’t you?

I had to make one stop, just one… to make sure he understood. You understand right? He should have seen it coming, it was sloppy and all sorts of ungraceful. He didn’t though! How could he not? I was hurt, betrayed… beaten down by him and now… Now he’s gone. He ruined my career! I had it all planned out so meticulously since I was 4 years old and he comes in now? Now that I’ve come so far and achieved so much?? It’s cruel really, and I made a vow to my 4 year old self to never, NEVER, let anyone get in my way.

My hand was shaking so bad, the metallic feel of it in my hand scared me. The power I held at the moment was so strong! I had him begging for mercy… begging. It wasn’t like me to stoop so low to feel empowered, he made me though! It was all his fault, he never should have done what he did to me! As I stood there feeling so powerful only one thing came to mind… What would he do? I’ve become a monster to my own dreams, left to rot away in the end. Is that really what I wanted to do? I wouldn’t get very far… Maybe a holding cell overnight at best.

I shuttered as I felt the cold cold metal slip from my hand, as I fell to my knees the world was caving in on me. It was red and black the colors of everything wrong in my life. He screamed as he ran forward to catch me. He sat there holding me, telling me not to go, that he would change…

“You’ve been touched by an angel,” I whispered quietly as I slowly let my body go limp in his arms.

He wailed out! It was all sorts of awful, it really was. I watch him from up here every day and guide him to always be his best. I stand as a reminder to him now. It shouldn’t have had to be my mission, why couldn’t my king give it to somebody else? I loved him… and he loved me too! I did my job well, for he has learned the lesson that he needed to learn. One stop, That’s all, that’s all I was commanded to do and that’s all I will do.
© Copyright 2013 Sammy E. (writingqueen19 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1965004-One-Stop-Thats-All