*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1965320-Matt-Cutter-To-Hell-and-back
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1965320
Matt Cutter joins the SEALS.
Matt Cutter: To Hell and back
Matt Cutter was born on October, 21st 1960 at age 10 he loved watching military movies like John Wayne. The Navy was what he loved the Navy SEALS to be exact, his father Arthur Cutter served in WWII in Japan. Matt wanted to carry that legacy with him. He graduated high school and signed up for the Navy, his dream was to be a SEAL and command his own unit someday.
In the late 70’s early 80’s, Matt enlisted as a SEAL candidate he would need to complete a 10 week course which consisted of planning a mission, gather Intel, put together the best SEAL team and carry out the mission. After 9 weeks of pure hell, Matt was ready for the final test: extract a HVI (High Value Individual) from a compound guarded by Russian Ultranationalists. There are 3 phases to this mission: one gather Intel on the area, find vantage points for snipers, find escape routes, secondary routes, primary LZ (Landing Zone), secondary LZ, size of the enemy, compound structure, etc. Two draw up a plan: what is the best time, type of assault, type of weapons, rehearse the assault, have it mapped out, where to insert/extract, etc. Finally, execute the mission, getting the hostage out alive and uninjured.
Cutter and his team will prep on a C-130 cargo plane (an airplane used by the military to transport cargo like weapons, vehicles, artillery, and troops.) Cutter’s team will insert 5 miles from the compound they will encounter mines, IEDS (Improvised Explosive Devices), enemy patrols, and other surprises. The first thing that the team does is switch to suppressed weapons and use night-vision. Cutter will not comprise himself or his team and they need to be invisible. Attacking the compound head on would be too risky and the hostage would be executed.
Cutter thought of sneaking around the back and go from there. That idea could get really messy, they need to choke off any enemies patrolling the perimeter, eliminate any snipers then push inside check every room, take out any enemies, find the hostage and reach the extraction point. It’s risky but doable so here’s how it will go down, Alpha Team go to the back and clear the area, Bravo Team will insert in the front with Cutter and we’ll have two snipers positioned in the towers.
When we have the hostage the snipers will come down and cover us until we are in the clear, remember they need this guy alive, be aggressive and watch your targets, lock & load SEALS. The two snipers got up the towers and are in position for the assault. Alpha & Bravo inserted at the same time and cleared the downstairs. Next, check the upstairs and locate the targeting beacon that was activated. The hostage is in one of the bedrooms on the 2nd floor check each room.
Cutter kicks the first door and found nothing. The next room was the same thing. Everyone was stacked on the last door Cutter kicked the door down and ordered a 9 Banger stun grenade. A 9 Banger is a very powerful stun grenade that disorientates the target longer than the average stun grenade. Members of Cutter’s team neutralize the threat, grab the hostage, and radio in for extraction. The snipers come down from the towers and provide cover while the team heads for the choppers. Cutter pops flares to make sure the choppers can see them. Then there is gunfire erupting from the house. The snipers inform Cutter on the situation and
He orders them to “get back to the choppers in one piece.”
The choppers come in one is a Chinook and the other is a Blackhawk providing cover. After liftoff Cutter and his team report back to the base. The commanders review the mission details and Cutter passed the test.
In 1985, Cutter is called upon for a high risk mission. Location is Vietnam, Objective: rescue POW’s in the Hanoi Hilton, Rules of engagement are not to fire unless fired upon. Cutter will be inserted 10 miles from the POW camp. Since this mission involves POW’s in Vietnam it would be best to go solo. Cutter equipped himself with an M4 Colt Commando (an automatic assault rifle) an M1911 as his sidearm, one combat knife, four M67 hand grenades, four 9 Banger stun grenades, and a map of where the POW’s are located. This mission could get Cutter another job title if accomplished.
Cutter inserted at the first checkpoint and proceeded to the camp where he encountered some resistance. There were two guarding the POW’s, one near a hut, and half a dozen on a patrol. Cutter pulled out his knife and picked them off one-by-one. He hid the bodies and checked to see if the patrol was coming back. Cutter broke the lock and the prisoners began pouring out.
He ordered them “get to the LZ!”
Cutter was running to the LZ when some guards saw them and opened fire hitting Cutter in the shoulder.
He bounced right up and ran as fast as he could. The chopper was hovering above them when an RPG (Rocker Propelled Grenade) came out of the tree line and hit the chopper but it was still flying.
Cutter ordered to “get the chopper down and get my men out!”
He used all of his equipment until he had one round left of his M1911. As they returned to base Cutter was greeted with his commanding officer and he saw a medic for his shoulder. He met the CIA and they wanted him to join the SAD (Special Activities Division.) SAD performed black ops, behind enemy lines, covert ops, etc. Cutter accepted the offer and was transferred to the CIA headquarters.
A year later, he was asked to lead a recon team into Angola to find critical Intel on the development of Nuclear weapons. The CIA has solid information that a Russian Ultranationalist whose name is classified has been running operations out of Angola and supplying weapons to their military forces. Their objectives are to kill the ultranationalist and gather Intel of their shipments. His team consists of former CIA operatives from the SOG division (Special Observations Group.)
This mission is considered highly classified mainly black op. His choice of weapons is an AK-47 with an extended clip and a red dot sight. His back up is a Beretta 92F pistol, four M67 fragmentation grenades, and four 9 banger stun grenades. Last minute items are his combat knife, an ear piece, and a radio for calling in gunships. At 0800 hours or 8:00 A.M. he and his team are on sight and have hostiles to the north. Cutter radios HQ for Permission to engage and they clear them. The first shots straddle the ultranationalist and he commands his men to fire. Cutter and his team assault the command post and are greeted with RPG fire.
He radios in to take out the RPGs. They move up and more hostiles come out. Cutter drops them with his AK-47 and a combo of stuns and frags.
Cutter radios HQ and asks “Where is the ultranationalist?”
The gunship pilot finds him and is fired upon. Cutter orders his team to move up the stairs and find the guy.
The pilot tells cutter “Hurry up man because the chopper can’t take much more.”
Finally, Cutter puts a charge on the door and they will storm inside to get the Intel on the shipment.
Cutter counts “1… 2… 3… HIT IT!!!”
They kill the remaining forces and interrogate the ultranationalist. He says nothing then cutter shoots him in the leg with his Beretta 92f.
He asks “Where is the shipment going?!”
And the ultranationalist answers “Afghanistan.”
Cutter adds “I got a message from our men in Vietnam it’s this… BANG!”
Cutter looks around for anything that might be of use. He grabs maps of where the shipment is being delivered.
The pilot asks “What’s going on down there?”
Cutter replies “We are under attack!”
The pilot says “We’ll take care of these guys, mark the spot with your target beacons!”
A target beacon is a device which flashes a light when activated a gunship will provide cover to the indicated area. Cutter tosses the beacons and falls back to the LZ.
“RPG at 3 o’clock!” the pilot screamed.
Cutter is down but not out of the game he only gets shrapnel (pieces from an explosive device) on his arms and legs. A teammate grabs Cutter and helps him in the chopper. Cutter says with all of his power “Get on the dam chopper that’s an order!!” His men get on and fly back to base.
“Where’s the shipment Cutter?” the pilot asked.
“Have you ever been to Afghanistan?” Cutter replied.
After recovering from his wounds, Cutter is awarded another Purple Heart and the Congressional Medal of Honor for valor and facing death twice.
The year is 1988; the Soviets are in Afghanistan wiping out tons of people. The Mujahedeen (Afghanistan’s freedom fighters) are having difficulty fighting the soviets and the shipment of weapons will be there. Cutter is anxious to go on mission since Angola. His objective is to overlook the exchange and destroy the weapons. Yet again this is an off the books mission. Cutter will go with his longtime friend Slick. Cutter needs a powerful sniper rifle to overlook the exchange and to take out hostiles.
He chooses the Barrett M82A1 .50 caliber, a semi-automatic sniper rifle with a custom scope (a 20x variable zoom feature.) For his back up he chooses the FN FAL assault rifle with an M203 grenade launcher and a red dot sight. He will carry a Colt Python .357 Magnum Revolver as a last resort gun (just in case.) He grabs four M67 frag grenades, four 9 banger stun grenades, a scarf to cover his face, an earpiece, one combat knife, extra grenades, and a radio. Cutter is given a green light and heads for the plane.
Cutter and Slick make it to the first checkpoint which is to observe the exchange with the .50 cal.
Slick asks Cutter “How’ve been?”
Cutter answers “Same shit, different day.”
“You really think that…” Slick says
“Quiet Slick we got tangos coming in” Cutter says firmly
Cutter questions “Where is the nuke?”
Slick points out and says “There, on the Russian Hind”
“Confirm you have visual on the nuclear weapons Cutter.” Slick says
Cutter replies “I got the pilots in sight.”
HQ interrupts “Cutter, Slick, this is Loneboy Eagle 20 do not I repeat do not engage on the nuclear weapons. Get back to checkpoint 2 with Delta 2 and wait for further orders. Loneboy Out.”
Cutter is enraged and says “This is bullshit, I risked my ass in Angola to get this Intel and I’m not going to back off while the soviets start WW3!”
“Firing” Cutter says
“Dammit, Cutter he’s gone rouge.” HQ says
Cutter takes out the pilots which forces the Russian Hind to crash (a Russian helicopter used to transport troops and weapons.) One-by-one Cutter takes out tangos and Slick confirms the location of the Hind and the weapons.
Slick says “The nukes are 10 klicks to the north. We can drop down and finish off the remaining forces and acquire enemy transport.”
Cutter says “Yeah, we can take the other Hind and blast them away!”
Cutter with his FAL Grenadier picks them off and Slick covers him while Cutter fires up the chopper.
“Alright, I got it started come on I hear enemy forces converging on those nukes.” Cutter says.
Cutter is the gunner and Slick is his spotter. The chopper has a 1200mm nose cannon and laser-guided missiles. They are coming in hot and are fired upon.
Slick shouts “You got hostiles in front of you hit them with the 1200mm!”
Cutter says “Firing”
“You got them. Looks like there are some trucks with mounted .50 cals use the missiles.” Slick points out.
Cutter gets a lock on the trucks and fires away.
“Nice shooting partner!” Slick says
Cutter says with a firm tone “Now, let’s destroy those nukes before they recollect them.”
Cutter points to the nukes and shouts “There let’s light them up!”
Slick stops him and says “Wait; there is only one crate with six warheads. What happened to the other crate?”
Cutter says “I don’t care if there are a million of them let’s take out this crate and track the other one when we get back to HQ.”
“Alright, do it.” Slick replies.
Cutter fired two missiles at the crate and the nuke was destroyed. Now they had to hurry to HQ and Cutter was so furious that he couldn’t contain himself. They get back and
Cutter storms into his commanding officer’s office and shouts “What the hell was that!”
HQ said “We had Intel on the other crate. One of the soviets you killed knew where it was. You disobeyed a direct order.”
Cutter says “If they got those nukes out of Afghanistan and to the Soviet Union we would have major problems!”
“What’s done is done Cutter and there’s nothing we can do about it.” HQ said
Cutter walks out of the room without saying a word.
A year later, there is an individual that has critical Intel on the other nuke that Cutter and Slick destroyed in Afghanistan. The location is in Panama; Cutter gets a call from the CIA and is asked to extract some information out of an informant. Knowing Cutter he will never turn down any mission so help him god. Cutter arrives at HQ and is greeted by his old commanding officer who informs him on the situation. Cutter is dying for some action and beating the crap out of this guy will give him the rush he needs.
First things first, Cutter plans the mission he hand picks the best of the best the Navy SEALS, chooses his weapons which are an M16A1, a Browning Hi-Power pistol, one combat knife, four M67 frag grenades, four Nightingale grenades (a grenade that distracts the enemy), an earpiece, and a radio. Next, Cutter goes over the plan of how to snatch this guy they will fight their way through the streets until they come to a hotel named the Pearson Hotel. Cutter will kick door #4 and do the rest.
Hitting the place at night is the best because most of the guards on duty and sleepy. So at 0200 hours they kick this off. Cutter and his team insert by zodiacs (small boats that transport troops) and find tangos
One of the SEALS asks “Permission to engage?”
Cutter says when taking out one tango “Just engage!”
“Dragon, this is Cutter we are on site and proceeding to the hotel.”
“Roger that continue as planed” HQ says
Cutter is dropping enemies like flies and is determined to find that informant. After fighting through tons of soldiers Cutter is at the door ready to kick it.
Cutter pulls out a Nightingale grenade tosses it through the window and busts the door down and finds the informant crawling towards the wall.
Cutter asks him “Where is the other crate?”
He answers “What crate? What are you talking about?”
“Don’t play that game with me you got five seconds to tell me before I blow your brains out four… three…two…one…”
“Okay, the nukes are heading to Iraq!”
“Are you sure? You don’t sound sure.” Cutter asks acting confused
“Yes, the nukes left just yesterday.” The informant said
Cutter said with a threating tone “You know last year I destroyed a crate of nuclear weapons that could have started WW3 if you are lying to me I swear to god I will hunt you down and cut off your head with my own bare hands.”
Cutter said “Come on boys let’s go home and get ready for our next mission.”
The year is 1991 and the crate of nuclear weapons will be destroyed by any means necessary. Cutter responds and is waiting for the go. The CIA confirms that the weapons are being stored in a hanger near the Iraq/Iran border. There are about couple hundred soldiers in that section. Cutter’s mission is to destroy the nukes and leave no loose ends. Cutter chooses an M4A1 with a red dot sight, his sidearm an M1911, a backup is the Colt Python chambered in .357, four frag grenades, four 9 banger stun grenades, an earpiece, and a radio to call in B-2 Stealth Bombers.
Cutter and his team will insert 20 miles from the base and they must acquire enemy uniforms and transport to gain access to the nukes. When they are in the base the nukes are being stored in the last hanger on the right. Destroy them and get out alive.
After driving 20 miles through dessert sand Cutter saw the checkpoint and said
“Alright men, we are here for one thing and one thing only that is to find those nukes and destroy them. We can’t be stealthy about it so when we got hot you shoot to kill.” Cutter said quietly.
Cutter showed his I.D. to the checkpoint man and they proceeded to the hanger. When near the hanger they were stopped and asked why to go into the hanger?
“This hanger is restricted to authorized personal only!” said an Iraq/Iran soldier.
Cutter answered “We need to see the weapons before they go out.”
The Iraq/Iran soldier said “The weapons are not going out again. Show yourselves!”
Cutter said to his men quietly “1…2…3… Now!”
Gunfire started and Cutter ran inside the hanger to blow the nukes.
Cutter said “This will take some time. How are we doing out there?”
One of his men said “They are scrambling around. We got this Sir!”
“Okay, I’ll call in the bombers. Silent Knight, this is Alpha One we found the nukes and request carpet bomb on Target Foxtrot.” Cutter said to one of the Stealth Bombers.
“Alpha One, this is Silent Knight Request accepted. How much should we drop?”
“Everything you got!” Cutter shouted
“Copy that. Full pay load inbound ETA 3 minutes.”
“We might not be here in 3 minutes. Double time it now.” Cutter said
“Copy that” Silent Knight said
Cutter radios HQ “Slick, this is Cutter be advised we are pinned down and acquiring Mig-23 Flogger fighter jets. We will mark them with friendly beacons!”
Slick says “What’s the time on the bombers?
Cutter replies “ETA 2 minutes!”
Cutter and his team are in the Mig-23 Flogger fighter jets (a soviet fighter jet that was used during the Cold War.) Cutter lets his team go first and he will be the last to leave.
Silent Knight says “We are inbound to your position. There are friendlies on the ground. Request permission to drop?”
Cutter says “Do it!”
Cutter fires up his engines and rolling down the runway when the bombers are right behind him and dropping their loads as soon as Cutter takes off. He missed the bombers by 10 feet. The fight doesn’t stop there, Cutter faces other enemy fighters he fires his laser-guided missiles at the other fighter and takes them out.
He is down to one missile left and says to HQ “HQ, this is Cutter be advised I’m airborne and down to one missile with multiple hostiles closing in on me. If I don’t make it you send everything and everyone on those bastards and get my men out alive. Losing transmission Cutter out.”
Cutter locks an enemy fighter and fires his last missile. He only has the 1200mm cannon and more fighters are closing in. He is locked up and tries uses evasive maneuvers (circling around to avoid being hit) and he misses the missile. There is one fighter left and Cutter plays chicken with him.
Cutter says “Come on, I’m right here!”
Cutter uses the machine gun until they miss each other. He flies around and sees the last fighter go down. On the other hand, Cutter notices smoke coming out of the engine and the Engine Fail light is on. Cutter is descending too fast and is forced to eject. As he comes down the plane crashes and there is no one around. Cutter was pronounced MIA and the mission was buried.
Today, the exact whereabouts of Matt Cutter remain highly classified. Cutter has spent 22 years at “The Island” which is off the coast and kept classified. Only military personal are granted permission to fly out to “The Island.” Cutter is old and had part of his leg blown up from an IED after his plane crashed and hiked for miles. The CIA denied their involvement in the operation because it sparked controversy so they acted like the mission didn’t happen and denied anything that dealt with Cutter.
Cutter will remain on “The Island” until the day he dies because there is so much that he knows and if that information leeks out there will be another Cold War. As Cutter looks out the window, guarded by military personal with assault rifles and towers positioned everywhere with .50 calibers he just sits there and thinks about how to escape this island. Matt Cutter goes by the saying “There is a plan to everything in life, so you have to ask yourself what’s yours? The End.
© Copyright 2013 expendables13 (elite81 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1965320-Matt-Cutter-To-Hell-and-back