*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1965349-Sample-Press-Release
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1965349
Example Press Release for "Salvage the Bones" by Jesmyn Ward
Books Publisher Inc.
435 Bookroad, NY 43893
www.booksai.com
Phone- 555.555.5555
Fax- 555.555.5555
info@booksai.com

PRESS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Jami Pack
Phone- 555.555.555
Jami.pack@snhu.edu


Jesmyn Ward Explores Poverty Before and After Hurricane Katrina in New Book.

Author Jesmyn Ward grew up in poverty stricken rural Mississippi and actually lived through the devastation of Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Now she taps into that experience in her second book that delves into the struggle for survival of the Batiste family during the ten days prior to Katrina, the day of the storm and the day after. The book is entitled “Salvage the Bones” and is written from the perspective Esch Batiste, a pregnant fifteen year-old and the only female in the family.

Ward drew from her many experiences growing up in DeLise, Mississippi to come up with plot ideas. “The stories I write are particular to my community and my people, which means the details are particular to our circumstances,” the author said, “but the larger story of the survivor, the savage, is essentially a universal, human one.”

Ward was also attracted to exploring the bond between the Batiste siblings. Ward chose to become a writer to honor the memory of her younger brother who was killed by a drunk driver.

The book will capture the compassion, sacrifice and love among the four siblings. The story will have the drama and desperation of the hurricane, but will also explore hope in the face of great adversity. Esch, Randall, Skeetah, Junior and their father will try to survive Katrina’s wrath with little more than canned meat and plywood window covers.

Jesmyn Ward has written 2 novels including the critically acclaimed “Where the Line Bleeds.” She teaches at South Alabama University and is currently working on her third novel.
© Copyright 2013 Jami Lynn Pack (jamipack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1965349-Sample-Press-Release