*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1966042-Invisible
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Personal · #1966042
Invisibility is my superpower, invisibility is my weakness, invisibility is my prison.
Invisible, that is what I am, and what I will always be. I am better off invisible, my emotions, my thoughts, kept from the rest of the world. My life only ruins that of those around me. I will not end my pitiful life so the best I can do is fade into the backdrop.

My life has only ever begotten pain and suffering. My words are poison to the ears. No matter how candied they may be sent they are received with bitter distaste. My embrace is felt with cold reproach. My mere presence in a room creates an air of disrepute. My face can no longer feel the pain of peoples scorn, hidden behind my painted smile.

He becomes invisible to all, even himself. A walking china doll with a painted on smile. Break through the outer layer and witness the pain within. But no one dares break the face of the poor china doll with his false smile. No one chooses to pull the scared child from within and tell him it is alright. They all leave him to walk around within the prison of himself.

Locked away, no escape. Prison is a place of punishment, for those who have done wrong to feel the pain they have caused. Those who dwell within were given what they deserve. But what of the man who locked himself away? The man who closed the door, turned the key and threw the key away. The man who holds himself in a worse place than hell. Locked in a prison of his own design. No hope of reform, no hope of freedom, no hope to be forgiven.

Invisibility is where I belong. Hidden from the world. No longer bringing the pain of myself upon the world, or to myself. He forever to be unseen and unheard. I am the china doll, the boy locked within. I am the man who brings only pain to the world. I am locked in this prison of my own design. Above all, I am the invisible man, that only wishes to be seen.
© Copyright 2013 Kibawritermaster (kibablade38 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1966042-Invisible