*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1966397-Chelseas-Christmas-Wish
by OOT™
Rated: E · Short Story · Holiday · #1966397
All Chelsea wanted for Christmas was a date with Chad.
Chelsea was in love, and she was determined to get her Christmas wish: a date with her crush, Chad. He was every girl's dream with his jet black hair, tanned, muscular body and bright blue eyes. He was a prince straight out of a fairy-tale! She wasn't sure how, but Chelsea was going to make him fall for her. She was working against the clock, as Christmas was only nine days away.

They had been friends for years, but Chad hadn't ever really noticed her. In fact, he treated her like a buddy, the same as he had when she was thirteen years old with glasses, braces and acne. But four years had gone by, her glasses were replaced by contacts, her braces were removed and her skin was now clear. Her slim body had developed nicely, and she took extra time dressing and styling her long brown hair. Still, Chad didn't seem to notice.

After much deliberation, Chelsea came up with an elaborate plan that was sure to win him over. She bought a sexy new outfit and made an appointment at the beauty salon for later that week. She would show up after his basketball game on Thursday, all decked out in her new outfit with her new hairstyle, and he would be putty in her hands. If only she didn't have two more days to wait!

She was on her way to her locker after her last class on Tuesday when Chad stopped her.

"Hey, Chels, I, uh, need to ask you something," he stammered.

"Of course! What's wrong?" She had never seen him so out of sorts.

"Well, I was wondering if you would like to go to the Christmas dance with me Friday. That is, if you're not busy." He stood there looking hopeful.

Chelsea was stunned! She had been so wrapped up in her plans to win him over, she had never considered that he could already be interested.

"I'd love to," she replied with a huge smile while trying to remember if she had kept her receipt for the new outfit. After all, she would be needing a new dress!
© Copyright 2013 OOT™ (outoftouch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1966397-Chelseas-Christmas-Wish