*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1967658-Last-Survivors-Of-Our-Race-Chapter-1
Rated: E · Chapter · Other · #1967658
This is the 1st Chapter. Hope you enjoy.
Chapter 1

I stared at Titus. "They are not suspicious.” I said, my voice rising. "Yes.They.Are! Why do you think they have been hanging around more?!” he challenged. "How about because one of the neighbors wives called the cops to report a domestic violence report?! Hm, how about that?!” I yelled. “Kyia, you know that if we get caught, they will come, and they will kill us. KILL US, KYIA!” he said, screaming. I growled and a second later, I was a 6 foot tall wolf. Titus and I circled each other, growling and snapping my teeth at him and Titus, cracking his knuckles and neck. "Your move,” he taunted, “or you can just turn normal and give up peacefully, Kyia. We don’t need to fight.” he said, trying to calm me. I lunged at him. We collided and I bit him several times. He fought back, driving his elbows and fists into my throat, causing me to whimper quietly, but continue biting him, occasionally clawing him. Michael burst into the room.

"HEY! CUT IT OUT! KYIA STOP BITING HIM AND GET OFF HIM! NO! Tit-", he yelled, but he was too late. A loud, piercing sound shook the air, and I fell to the ground, whimpering in pain. When I attempted to revert to normal, but the pain was unbearable. I looked at Titus, and saw that he was mostly white with pain and of the shock of what he just did. A second later, he was on the ground, pinned by a large mountain lion. Michael. Michael growled at Titus, than looked at me. He reverted to normal and rushed over to me. "Kyia....C’mon. Keep your eyes open. Titus, man, you went too far.", Michael said. My eye lids felt heavy and they started to droop close. A sharp pain from my tail caused my eyes to snap open, and I yelped. "Sorry, Kyia but we keep losing you.” Michel said. With one final breath, my eye slid close.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I opened my eyes again, I felt cramped and cold. I looked around and poked each wall with my muzzle and found I was in a cage. I turned around and saw bars, behind those bars, linoleum floors, with multiple shoes moving across it rapidly. I tried standing up, but banged my head against the top of the cage; slipping because of something on my back left leg. I turned my body, nudging my leg carefully. Closer inspection showed it was a cast. I started to growl. Less than 15 seconds later I saw shoes in front of my cage. The owner of the shoes crouched down and studied me for a moment. I instantly stopped growling and stared at him. He chuckled. “Kyia you are one crazy girl…Ya know that?” Michael said. I gave a wolfish smile and nodded a little. That made him crack up with laughter and he fell back laughing. When he regained his breath, he sat up, sitting cross-legged in front of my cage. He stuck his hand in and rubbed my head and played with my ears. While he did that, I lie down and put my head on my paws. He smiled at me. “You know something Kyia…You look very sexy as a wolf.” He said. I gave an appreciative bark and a happy sigh.

“Oh…and you have another visitor….I will be back after he is done.”

I sighed unhappily, not wanting him to leave. He patted my head one last time, stood up and walked away, a new pair of sneakers replacing his. I knew who it was even before I saw his face. Titus. His face appeared a second later and he bent down and looked at me for a long moment. His face was covered with scratches and bite makers. I looked at them silently, half resenting what I did, the other half not caring at all.

Finally, he spoke. “Kyia…Look…I am really sorry about what happened…I never meant for it to go like that. I…It....Ugh…Instincts took over....I am really sorry…”Titus Said, taking a long, deep breath afterwards.
He ran a hand through his short, crew cut style hair and stared at me with his deep, some how beautiful, stormy blue eyes. I stared back at him, thinking it over and nodded. Titus gave a small sigh of relief. He reached into the cage and as he did, I debated whether or not to bite his hand. I decided against it, allowing him flick my ear a little. He pulled his hand out, looked me dead in the eye, and then turned, walking away without another word. Michael appeared a second later. He couldn’t stop grinning. I stared at him, knowing he heard every single word of the conversation. I sighed, growling a little, mad that he had heard everything. That caused a round of laughter from him. I rolled my eyes and waited for him to finish. As he finished, he sat down and, again, stuck his hand in the cage and playing with my ears.

“Kyia, listen. I know you’re going to hate this, but the Dr.Vonkugyline, the head Veterinarian, said you’re going to be here for at 8 weeks, at the least. It’s highly likely that you’re going to be in this cage the whole time. In this clinic. So, I don’t know.” He said. “Also, if you want to leave…you’re going to have to change to the husky version of the wolf you are.” I nodded and changed into a pure white Alaskan Husky. By that time he was already reaching into his pocket. As he pulled his hand out, I saw pink. PINK. He pulled his hand out fully and I saw it was a bright pink collar with a small dog tag. Snowball. I turned my head in a confused manor, wondering what it was for. He reached his hand into the cage, still holding the collar, and slipped it over my head. I couldn’t believe it. He just put a bright, pink collar on me, even after he knew I hate pink. After he put the collar on and adjusted it, he went to pet my head. I snapped at his hand and bit his fingers, but not hard enough to draw blood. He pulled his hand back in pain and stared at me. He reached in again and hit my muzzle. I sighed sadly. Sorry, I thought, I just don’t like pink. Or collars. “It is alright. I know……” he said.

I gave a small, dog smile. He chuckled. At that moment, one of the nurses rounded the corner. She took one look at Michael then at the cage, and then sped over. “Get your hand out of there right now! Don’t you know there is a wolf in th-“, she started to say, but Michael flashed his signature smile. She instantly quieted, dazzled by his smile, barely able to keep herself standing. “I see no wolf. Just the family pet, Snowball.” Michael said. I gave a slight growl annoyed but was otherwise silent. She nodded silently still dazed, and walked away, almost tripping over her own feet. I gave a small bark as if laughing, as Michael fell on his back laughing. I waited for him to stop laughing, amused. He finally sat up, and his face was bright red, making his emerald green eyes shine. He brushed a lock of shaggy brown hair out of his eyes and smiled. “Well….I have to go…It’s getting late. The others are waiting on a report on how you doing. See you later, Kyia. I love you, erm I mean see you in a couple weeks.” He said blushing, and ran off without another word. I sighed and put my head down on my paws, missing the company.
© Copyright 2013 The Writing Catalyst (writingcat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1967658-Last-Survivors-Of-Our-Race-Chapter-1