*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1967847-Be-Content-with-Yourself
Rated: · Article · Experience · #1967847
Being your self and doing things to make your dream true
Films either it be in English, Hindi, Chinese or be in any other local language, have become an inspiration for many kids in a negative way.

I have a younger brother whom I have seen getting too much involved with these films and placing himself in the boots of hero, who is pretty damn rich and gets what ever he wants.

The feelings my brother shared with me initially were: that is the life he dreamt of, that is the power he always wanted, that is the bike he desired etc etc. There is nothing wrong in dreaming unrealistic things, but living the life in a dream is wrong. One should direct his life in a way so as to make those dreams come true, considering ones limitations.

My brother reached a state where he wanted costly things (beyond our financial conditions) like bike, boots etc. My dad tried convincing him but was futile. This started showing effects on my brother's academics, leaving no option for my dad, but to buy him a costly bike. I was expecting things would change now, no they got worsened as my brother now has a bucket of wishes and he wants them all to be fulfilled. This continued throughout his engineering.

I have realized from his communications with me that not just these films but also rich friends/relations and their life styles were taking their tool on him.

Maturity with age has now changed him a lot. He is now more pragmatic and knows dreams cant just happen in real life and for dreams to come true, he has to work out a way in perceiving his goal and finally living his dream life.

He learnt things the hard way, anyways I am very happy for him now.

Ultimately what I see from his journey is finally one has to be content with oneself, whoever it is, life offers different fruits (bitter/sour/sweet) to different people and one can never get only sweet fruits all the time.
© Copyright 2013 Anirudh (anirudhkvc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1967847-Be-Content-with-Yourself