*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1967938-When-the-World-Ends
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1967938
End of the world shit.
Prologue
March 21st, 2059 -Friday

Nimble fingers fumbled with the dial on the radio, turning the volume up just a little bit more. A young boy leaned back from the broadcasting speakers, taking a seat next to his father. They sat in anticipation for an update from the either the world government, or the news castors themselves.
Today marks the first day in the third world war. Small scale wars have broken out throughout parts of Asia, Europe, and the northern countries in Africa. So far America has been untouched thanks to the efforts of the National Guard and branches of the army. Although we believe that these barriers will not last much longer, we ask that if you are not already in a sheltered place with no windows and locked doors to find one soon. Hospitals, police stations, and any other emergency services have been cancelled if you need any medical attention we regret to inform you that you will have to find other means.
The man quickly shut the radio off, scowling and huffing a loud breath out of his nose. For three years there had been warnings about this impending war, and yet, no one did anything to prepare for it. Sure some people (mostly billionaires) made good with the military and the government, ensuring their safety at least for a little while after the war started, but everyone knew sooner or later the government would fall if the war were to start. The real question was how long would they last.
The young boy looked up at his father, his brown hair covering parts of his forehead and eyes, adding a little mystery behind the smile on his lips. “Don’t worry dad, we’ll be okay. You’re strong and I’m resourceful!” He exclaimed with confidence, getting his father to chuckle.
“Indeed we are, and indeed we will be.”

A/N: This is the prolouge of a story of mine which can be found on Wattpad at: http://www.wattpad.com/20684027-when-the-world-ends-prologue It's a thriller story that will put you on the edge of your seat! Watch as these kids, adults, old folk, humans in general, fight to survive the end of the world. Read as friendships that were once impossible, are made. Read about the deaths of great people. Read.
© Copyright 2013 Winchester (omonoshi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1967938-When-the-World-Ends