*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1968238-Golden-apple-pies
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Kate
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1968238
a fairytale about a princess who makes golden apple pies and the king who wants the gold.
Golden Apple Pie

Every night the Kings daughter baked an apple pie for him . One evening the King demanded to know what her secret ingredient was , every day the princess told him it was magic and that she had been sworn to secrecy . Eventually the king got sick of her lies and demanded she tell him or risk her head being cut off . The princess fearful of her father agreed she told him , they were magic golden apples that appeared to her in her dreams at night located in a deep maze. The King bewitched by the thought of apples of Gold , told he's most trusted servant to watch he's daughter at night and follow the princess to the golden apples . That night the servant slept outside the princesses door , waiting for the princess to awake and go to her apples . When morning came the King went to her room to find the servant deep in slumber . He awoke the servant but the servant said he didn't see the princess leave , frustrated the next night the King sent the cook to wait outside he's daughters room . When the cook awoke the next day he told the King the same thing the servant had . Finally the King decided he would stay outside her room and catch her when she collected the apples , in the middle of the night the King awoke and discovered he's daughter was gone , he spotted her sleepwalking towards the royal gardens . The King followed her into the darkness until she came to a large tree , her fingers reached out as she knocked 3 times on the tree trunk , the tree parted in two to reveal a doorway of Gold. The King followed her into the doorway as he watched her walk towards a maze , the one the princess had spoken about in her dreams , The King followed her through the maze until she came to a tree. The King cornered the princess and demanded where the apples where , the princess turned her head towards the sky as apples of shimmering gold fell from the sky and hit the King right on the head killing him dead. The princess then woke up and collected the apples on the floor , she returned to her room to bake another pie . The King lay dead on the ground until the princess returned the next night , the gold from the apples had turned him into a statue . The King had the secret of the princesses pies but now it was no use he was now a golden statue in the middle of the princesses maze . The princess became Queen following the death of her father and would visit the statue of her father every day to look after him . The Golden apples continued to fall from the sky and the princess continuied to bake delicious apple pies .

© Copyright 2013 Kate (kittykatkate at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1968238-Golden-apple-pies