*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1968519-Deadly-Invitation
by NYPen
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Adult · #1968519
Plans can change without notice.
"Your food sucks, Lucien."  said Guyton prepping his food station.  "I'm surprised you entered the Culinary de Cuisine competition again." 

"You are very mistaken"  said Lucien tapping his Emerald cutlery.  "Saveur Magazine rated my cuisine five stars." 

"I'm going to win this competition for the fifth year in a row." said Guyton pounding some meatballs. 

"We'll see about that."  said Lucien not worried in the least.  "Are you still allergic to lemons?" 

"Yes, why do you want to know?"  asked Guyton looking up from his prep work. 

"I'm looking out for your well being." replied Lucien squeezing lemons into a souffle.

"Thanks for your concern."  said Guyton not masking his insincerity. 

"I want to offer you an invitation in good faith that we put our best effort forward."  said Lucien holding his hand out for a handshake. 

"I will shake on that."  said Guyton giving Lucien a handshake.  "You are wasting your time even trying to win." 

Lucien wiped his hands off on his apron showing his disgust.  Guyton sliced some tomatoes preparing them for a pesto, and licked
juice off of his fingers.  Guyton grabbed at his mouth and his throat.  Lucien looked at Guyton.  Guyton fell to the floor, eyes wide open, his lips swollen, and gasping for that last breath. 

"I will finally be the winner."  whispered Lucien into Guyton's ear as he flicked a lemon seed off the corner of Guyton's mouth. 

 
© Copyright 2013 NYPen (nypen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1968519-Deadly-Invitation