*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1969858-The-Dream
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1969858
Do dreams hold secrets, or are they brain gas?
TILTED, OR LEARNING TO STAND UPRIGHT

I have a vivid, recurring dream. I'm running away from, or to, something, somewhere..somebody.  Slowly,  gravity pulls me down, until I am clawing myself forward on the ground.

I wake up confused for a minute, then grateful to find that my old predictable friend, gravity, has not betrayed me.  Yet, don't dreams have some symbolic or subconscious intention to solve a problem, predict the future, or provide a warning?  Solving the riddle of this dream, as with all the others, escapes me.  Dream interpreter dot com states that dreams about gravity means something is weighing you down...overwhelming pressure.  Well, that's clear as a muddy creek. Life is overwhelming pressure.  I have never been void of it.

Despite my distraction, the day progresses from dawn to dusk to dawn again, as it has for millions of years, without revealing the secret of the dream.
© Copyright 2014 CShepprun (cshepprun at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1969858-The-Dream