*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1970980-Louie-the-Turkey
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1970980
Its about my pet turkey Louie.
Louie the Turkey

By: Katie Ruggiero

         Last Easter weekend my dad, my sister and I headed to our ranch in Jack County. On the way there we stopped at the Jacksboro feed store. While we were picking up grass seed, I turned around and noticed some adorable baby chicks! I ran over to get a closer look and saw an odd looking one sitting in the corner shaking. I didn't know what it was, so I called my dad over and he told me it was a baby turkey. I thought it was cute and felt sorry for it, so I asked if we could keep it. My dad said no, our dog would eat him, and I agreed. Just then my sister Emily came over and said, "Please! Let's get him, he'll be fine." We asked the owner of the feed store, "How much?" He said seven dollars and he even threw in a bag of food and a cage. "He's a keeper", I said, and I named him Louie.
That night when we got home we told my mom we had something to show her. Even though we were nervous of how she would react we set a bucket on the counter and the little turkey popped his head up. My mom screamed and then shouted, "Get that thing out of here, the dogs are going to eat it!"
         The next morning my entire family was in the backyard watching Louie run around. The greatest part about it all was that he was running around with our two enormous dogs. Amazingly, they didn't try to eat him.
         Later that day Louie followed us all around and he never left our side. That's when we realized he must he must think we are all a part of his flock. Now, every other day or so we walk him all around the neighborhood and to the park. All the kids come running to see him and guess what they always ask? "Are you going to eat it?"

© Copyright 2014 Katie Ruggiero (katieruggiero6 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1970980-Louie-the-Turkey