*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1971022-Trapped
by Katie
Rated: E · Short Story · Mystery · #1971022
About a boy that gets trapped under a rock in the woods and he is all alone.
Trapped

By: Katie Boothe

I'm sitting on the cold hard ground wondering will they ever come and find me. All I can see is the coal black forest and it is like looking into a black cat's eyes. All I remember is the rock tumbling down and me tripping and that is when I got trapped. The only thing I can think of is those scary stories that we talked about on Monday. I see myself as the boy that was never helped or was never see again. I was sitting in class on Friday excited and I couldn't concentrate. Now I am fully concentrated and I can only think about Chris and Jake. Will they ever find me?
         It is morning now and I am in pain, my whole body aches and most of all my leg. I see it crushed under the rock that seems to weigh a million pounds. No one has come yet and I am still in the woods all alone. I think they are coming, but I still have the question in the back of my mind, but I know they will come.
         It is now the afternoon and I am starving, and I think will I ever get anything to eat. I hear rustling in the bushes behind me. I imagine Chris or Jake standing there right in front of me. When I call their name I get no response. I am worried sick right now really questioning if they will find me in this huge forest that seems like it is one thousand miles long. I am scared out of my mind because I can't get away because I am TRAPPED.
         It is now dusk and I hope they are searching for me. I fall asleep and it feels like days have passed because I have not eaten all day. It is just mid-night now and I doze off and a sound of a voice wakes me up again. It is morning now and I see a shadow over me, it is Jake, he says hold on and grabs and orange and hands it to me. I gobble that up right away. The last thing he said was hold on and I will get help right away and then disappeared into the trees.
         I am here left alone once more and now wondering was that really Jake or was I just a dream. I think it must be real because I am not as hungry as I was before. He comes back at sunset with a bunch of people to help get me out of the horrible woods. They don't tell me anything about my leg, but all I know is that I am pain. They take me to the hospital and they have to do surgery to fix the break. They said I will be in a cast for two to three months and out another month to make sure it is healed all of the way. I think about my sports when I should really be thinking of my friends and family and how much they have helped me out through the rough times.
         I am home now and so thankful for my friends and family. I think what if they never came, would I have die out there all alone by myself. But, I know now that one thing is certain, that I have the best friends in the world. I learned something that day; never give up on your friends and family until they never show they care.
         Three months have passed now and today is my first game back on the diamond. My first game back with the boys, I am so glad to be where I am today. It is also good to be on the pitchers plate where I belong. But, most importantly I am thankful for my friends and my family for having my back. We are best friends and we will have an unbreakable bond forever. From that day on the word TRAPPED will haunt me forever and ever.
         

© Copyright 2014 Katie (boothe17 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1971022-Trapped