*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1971279-Dear-Me
Rated: E · Other · Writing.Com · #1971279
My goals for this year
Dear Me,



This year is a new year with a fresh start. You may not know how to live a perfect life, but you are learning. I have seen you change dramatically this year into a better, stronger person and you are a wonderful person despite your mistakes. I have three resolutions for you: to be more Independent, stop worrying about what others say, and become a better, committed writer.

One of my new year's resolution is to work independently. You rely too much on your parents to do things for you and one day, you're going to leave to go to college. I plan on you taking baby steps like to do your own laundry without the thought of money motivating you. You rely on my friends to decide your stances on subjects. For the first time, I've decided that you will not go with the flow and stand up for yourself and feel free. You've always needed motivation to become fit. Well, you have taken the initiative and decided that everyday you weigh yourself and do 30 sit-ups and push-ups. It isn't a dramatic change, but I can see slight improvements in you in just two weeks. I want you to become Independent in this new year.

Another new task I have given you in 2014 is to not care about the opinions of others. I see it weighing down on you in class when you raise your hand and the uneasiness in your voice. Well, stop worrying that people might think your nerdy. Accept it and embrace it. I saw you look at that boy the other day and watch him look at your best friend. It's time to stop and become more selfish instead of pleasing everyone around. I've seen your tears as you think that no one loves you, but there will come a time. Today might not be the day your knight shining armor comes, but someday. 2014 is the year you stop listening to voice that says you aren't perfect because you are in my eyes.

This year is a new year with time for you to put your thoughts down on paper. I watch you daydream of your stories playing through your head. It's time to make these thoughts known to other people. You've been through so much which leads to better writing. I've seen you start the stories, but never execute them. All these people say you're good, so start telling people that this is what you want to do with your life. Write a page a day at least, but I know you will write more because this is what makes you happy. Writing is your passion and I want you to figure that out this year.

The three resolutions that I have thought of for you are to become independent, stop worrying about the what people think, and to do thing that you love- write. The only person you can truly rely in is yourself. I want you to stop looking down upon yourself and start truly valuing yourself. I know you love to write, so keep doing it and make yourself proud. To all the readers, I want you to think of yourself, but don't forget others because you need them no matter what you think, you do.



Sincerely,

Me
© Copyright 2014 Mickey Cate (mickeycate at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1971279-Dear-Me