*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1973874-My-forever-love
by opa
Rated: E · Other · Personal · #1973874
A short letter to the one I loved and lost.
I met the most wonderful and beautiful spirit in the person of Ingrid Leschinsky the weekend before Valentines Day 1985 and lost her at 532 AM August 28, 2012.
Ingrid was not the most physically beautiful woman in the world but everyone that ever met her said the same thing about her, "Ingrid made you feel that you are the most important person in the world."
I had Ingrid in my life for 27 years,, 6 months, 17 days, 9 hours, 42 minutes. Yes, I do remember the exact time that I met her. I mean, how do you forget the time that your world stopped for that heart beat when you meet the love of your life. The one that makes you whole for the first time in your sorry existence.
I met this Angel, Ingrid, at a country/dart club and when we left there to go to another club, I told her I had enough to get us in but would not be able to get her anything to drink. I mean, if it took a penny to go around the world I wouldn't get off the porch. She loaned me $10.00, I never did pay her that 10 bucks back.
We often joked about that. She always said she was collecting the interest. I always said if I paid her back she would probably leave.
Ingrid gave me the want-to to quit smoking and I gave her the last three cigarettes in the pack along with a half empty lighter the night before we got married. I have not touched, nor wanted, one since.
When Ingrid left us she took some of the sun with her and this world became just a little less bright.
I miss her dearly and wish she were here but know that she is no longer in pain.
Ingrid has come to me a couple times when I feel the weight of the sadness and loss pressing me into that horrible black hole of depression.
I feel the love Ingrid had for me at those times and the sadness lets up considerably.
If you ever have a love half that good and deep you are lucky.
I hope that all those who have that love will treat them with kindness and love and never hurt them in any way.
I tried to make sure that I treated Ingrid the best that I could and feel that I was able to do so for the most part. I do know that I was treated that way, always.
© Copyright 2014 opa (opachuck at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1973874-My-forever-love